Principal Manufacturing Engineer
Resonant Link is transforming the charging experience across industries and leading the movement to electrify work, logistics, transportation, and patient care. Our mission is to provide fast, safe, and reliable wireless power to help people, businesses, and the planet thrive, and more specifically, to:
- Power fleets while they work: enable material handling equipment like forklifts and robots to achieve 24/7 uptime. Resonant Link envisions a future where wireless chargers are integrated into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts), saving time, saving money, and protecting the planet through smaller batteries, smaller fleets, and more efficient power distribution and energy storage.
- Eliminate drivelines and risky battery replacement surgeries, forever: eliminate unnecessary surgeries, enable new therapies, and elevate existing treatments with the world’s smallest, fastest, patient friendly wireless chargers for implantable medical devices like neurostimulators, pumps, and pacemakers.
As a Principal Manufacturing Engineer, you will partner cross-functionally with engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing to transition Resonant Link’s wireless power transfer systems into volume production and play a key role in ensuring we achieve cost, quality, and delivery goals. You will own both supplier quality and internal quality assurance processes, and support manufacturing process development and improvement. At a high level, you will own establishing and implementing key business processes, and you'll play a key role in manufacturing strategy development and execution as we ramp to production volumes, including system, tools, infrastructure, and supplier selection. You will initially be responsible for supporting our Mobility vertical through delivery of Alpha, Beta, and Low Volume initial production of our first generation Lift Truck Chargers, and later for supporting future new product introduction and transition to production efforts across all business verticals and product lines as needed.
We’re committed to building a healthy, collaborative culture - and to help us deliver on our mission, we’re looking for empathetic problem solvers and leaders, with a passion for solving big challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization. If you get energized by working at the intersection of team, tools, and technology, we’re excited for you to bring your expertise, creativity, and leadership to the team!
On an average day, you’ll...
- Collaborate with Engineering to optimize designs of electrical, mechanical, and magnetics components and systems for volume manufacturing by providing design for manufacturability, assembly, test, and cost feedback to the team throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Identify, assess, and select appropriate suppliers to produce components and systems
- Manage development of tooling in support of manufacturing, including large format plastic injection molding, extrusion, and casting tools, PCBA fixtures and tools, as well as final assembly fixtures and assembly aides
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risks associated with both internal and external manufacturing and processes
- Qualify both internal and supplier production processes and parts using material approval and first article inspection processes
- Establish inspection & control plans as needed
- Manage the Material Review Board (MRB) process
- Solve technical problems impacting suppliers & internal manufacturing
- Propose design changes in support of manufacturability, reliability, and quality
- Collaborate with manufacturing, supply chain, and engineering for issue resolution relating to manufacturing processes, manufacturing quality, and supplier quality
- Evaluate, approve, and implement Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs)
- Evaluate production, supplier and field failures for root cause analysis and resolution
- Mentor Operations and Engineering team members
- Contribute to sourcing/manufacturing strategic planning
- Evaluate and develop technical competencies within supply base