Vice President of Hardware Engineering, Mobility
Resonant Link builds Power for People, envisioning a world where wireless charging powers a healthier future for all. We are solving humanity’s biggest health challenges of today - diabetes, pain, and heart disease - with non-invasive recharging for implanted medical devices, and are leveraging wireless charging for Industrial and Passenger electric vehicles to fight the coming global health crisis of climate change.
As the VP of Engineering, Mobility at Resonant Link, you will lead our mobility engineering team and collaborate with Commercial, Product, and Manufacturing leaders to deliver industry-defining, kW-scale wireless charging products while maintaining our values of Delivering on Every Promise and Together is Better. The VP of Engineering will manage, mentor, and grow our incredible team engineers and managers, while supporting a collaborative, team-first culture across the entire mobility team.
We’re committed to building a healthy, collaborative culture - and to help us deliver on our mission, we’re looking for empathetic problem solvers and team leaders, with a passion for solving challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization. If you get energized by working at the intersection of people, process, and technology, we’re excited for you to bring your expertise, creativity, and leadership to the team!
On an average day, you’ll..
- Lead, inspire and manage your team of industry leading managers and engineers to deliver wireless charging products that outperform our competitors by 10x, all while prioritizing a people-first mentality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional mobility leaders (Commercial, Product, and Manufacturing) to develop a high-level strategy for the next generation of electric vehicle power management, all while cultivating a unified "one-team-one-mission" mindset across the organization.
- Collaborate with engineering managers and the Program Management office to design, build, and execute comprehensive program plans that identify and mitigate programmatic risks to ensure our execution is as exceptional as our products.
- Identify, establish, execute, and maintain high-quality engineering processes that enable seamless scalability for the team.
- Demonstrated experience with developing, implementing, and upholding high-quality engineering processes to deliver high-volume, commercial power electronics from concept through certification & production.
- A team-first leader experienced in building and leading cross-functional teams. This includes organization design experience and a track record of strong people strategy/management, with a focus on building psychologically safe work environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in program management and consistently delivering results in a growing, startup environment.
- Experience in power electronic systems with a specialized focus on power electronics, power magnetics, or mechanical engineering.
- Work on-site at our Burlington, VT HQ or work live in New England and be willing to travel 25-35% to Resonant Link HQ.
Who we are looking for:
- You operate with empathy, integrity, and a growth mindset, viewing mistakes and challenges as learning opportunities and building upon your successes. You challenge yourself to continuously grow and improve.
- You have experience building, leading, growing, and mentoring diverse, high-performing engineering teams.
- You manage with a people-first approach that is grounded in inspiration, influence, and inclusivity, and you hold the communication, emotional, and functional area skills to build, inspire, motivate, and lead best-in-class teams.
- You are adept at working in a distributed, dynamic environment, and feel comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- You are a collaborative, respectful, and honest team member - you understand the impact of your work/your team’s work on other projects and people, and you know together is always better!
- You are a creative problem solver, taking initiative to own and solve problems with a mindset of continuous improvement - ensuring bigger picture issues are addressed, not just the problem at hand.
- You’re able to think several steps ahead to mitigate downstream risks, and are not afraid of asking questions to proactively identify issues or broaden your understanding.
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- Paid holidays (including a week off at new year) and an unlimited vacation policy
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees
- 401(k) retirement benefit
- Generous paid parental and family leave
- Learning/career development investment in your professional and personal growth
- Company outings & team retreats
Even if you don't meet every requirement, if you see yourself contributing to our team, we encourage you to apply!
Resonant Link is an equal opportunity employer and includes “Together is Better” as a core value. Resonant Link is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, reproductive health decision-making, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the future of wireless charging.