Software Engineering Intern, Frontend & Automation (Python)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Timing: 10+ weeks concluding before the end of August 2024
About the role
Plentify is in the process of rapidly scaling and launching many exciting new features, and is looking for a Software Engineering Intern to assist with developing scalable frontend and automation features. The candidate will leverage their skills to perform work in some of the following areas:
- Frontend: assisting with the development of features on our customer dashboard (with a combination of Dash and Python), our user monthly reports (in Python), and refinement of visual implementation to match designs (in HTML/CSS).
- Automation: exploring automation platforms and implementing features to streamline operations
- DevOps: if the candidate brings relevant experience, helping to improve the performance of our AWS cloud infrastructure
This internship is intended to be hosted in Cape Town, South Africa for at least half of the internship period (and the rest of the time can be remote). This internship is paid, and includes flights to South Africa for international candidates.
- 1+ years professional work experience as a software engineer (i.e. must have work experience outside of classwork and internships)
- Proficient with python
- Experience with AWS DevOps or Lambda Functions a plus
- Experience with Dash a plus
- Experience processing data with SQL or Pandas a plus
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills, and a keen eye for design
How to apply
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience. Include links to relevant code repositories and work portfolios.