Chief of Staff
About the role
As Chief of Staff, your primary role will be to amplify the impact of the CEO: free up his time, and enable him to make better decisions, more efficiently.
To do this, you will work closely with the CEO, assist on a broad variety of topics across the organisation, and run Special Projects. For aspiring founders, this role should provide deep insight into what it takes to build and run a technology company, along with the opportunity to transition to a senior role elsewhere in the organisation.
Your work will be broad and could include topics such as preparing Board and investor materials, designing and implementing internal systems, conducting market research, building financial models, developing strategies, building presentations, reviewing contracts, seeking partnerships, managing contractors and consultants, conducting operational tasks, and assisting with recruiting and interviewing.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, and may include equity in Plentify. This role can be based anywhere in the world (including our office in Cape Town), as long as your working hours overlap sufficiently with South Africa’s. Plentify also offers several exciting benefits like unlimited vacation.
- You can independently manage and execute a given scope of work, knowing when to ask questions at critical decision points.
- You are able to take complex problems, and break them down into simple pieces.
- You develop high quality output with meticulous attention to detail.
- You are a strong, professional and persuasive communicator, particularly in written and presentation form.
- You jump into new topics with relish, and quickly ramp up your knowledge.
- You are a strategic thinker who can spot opportunities and gaps.
- You are particularly good at financial modeling, managing relationships, and project management.
- You are a team player, and approach each task with positivity and enthusiasm.
Required experience and qualifications
- 2+ years experience developing many (or all) of the required skills at a market leading company in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or technology.
- Track record of performance at the top of your field.
How to apply
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com being sure to highlight your interest in our mission, your relevant qualifications and experience, and how these meet the requirements as stated for the role.