Operations Administrator (Cape Town)
Location: Cape Town, office based
Timing: Full-time, starting as soon as possible. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
About the role
This role reports to the Operations Manager and is primarily focused on supporting technical teams in the field, production functions and general office support. Areas of contribution will include:
- Installation and maintenance coordination: Coordinating installation and maintenance bookings with installers and liaising with customers where required through the installation journey. Maintaining our CRM system to ensure that our job cards are up to date. Overseeing daily installations and ensuring that installers have correct job instructions and hardware in advance. Commissioning of installed devices and following up on or escalating any installation issues.
- Inventory management: Overseeing the receiving, despatching and processing of inventory, ensuring that our inventory system is always up to date. Executing on stock takes and keeping our inventory neatly organised and well managed.
- Purchasing: Assisting with ordering regular stock items, consumables, and ad-hoc procurement requests.
- Admin & logistical support: Support the team with booking couriers, making travel arrangements, documentation and various administrative tasks required for a smooth operation.
- Operations support: Assisting with hands-on work where required, including picking and packing components for deployments and production runs.
- Internal ops: Assisting with managing the office and creating a well organised work environment, helping out where needed to ensure seamless day to day operations.
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn and contribute across a wide range of functions in a fast growing business. An ideal candidate is a fast learner with a very strong attention to detail and enjoys creating a highly organised work environment.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. Plentify also offers several exciting benefits like unlimited vacation, concrete support for mental wellness, and a people-centric work culture. The role is based out of our office in Salt River, Cape Town.
Required skills and qualifications
- Fluent or native English speaker. Bonus if fluent in Afrikaans too.
- Great at following processes with very strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills, excellent at multitasking and maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with good phone and email etiquette.
- Comfortable with calling and managing customers.
- Able to work independently and self manage their daily activities.
- Good computer literacy and proficient at using spreadsheets.
- Experience with inventory management, CRM and customer support systems is an advantage.
- Experience with field service coordination or similar operations is an advantage.
How to apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience.