Electronics Assembly Technician
Location: Salt River, Cape Town
Timing: Flexible role, starting as soon as possible. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
About the role
The Electronics Assembly Technician will contribute to the rapid scaling of our operations and will participate in:
- Hardware power calibration
- Enclosure preparation & assembly
- Cable harnessing (cutting, assembly, soldering, crimping)
- Packing of boxes according to orders for dispatch
- Office and workshop husbandry (cleaning, organizing, and tidying)
- Rework of circuit boards (Soldering and desoldering)
- Testing hardware before deployment and when returned from the field
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn from a strong team in a fast-paced environment. Remuneration will be on a fixed term or casual basis. The role will be office based in Salt River, Cape Town or surrounds as the case may be. On the job learning is suitable, as for this role we value experience less than trustworthiness, diligence, and learning ability.
Skills to possess or learn on the job
- Ability to follow verbal and written assembly instructions accurately.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to assemble products based on samples, drawings, or assembly instructions.
- Knowledge of electrical components, component polarity, and types.
- Proficiency in hand soldering components on a printed circuit board (PCB).
- Proficiency in using relevant hand and power tools.
- Proficiency in using custom built production jigs and testers.
- Basic fault finding and inspection abilities for boards.
- Capability to perform basic mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- Understanding and compliance with general health, safety, and housekeeping rules.
- Experience using multimeters for testing and troubleshooting.
- Minimum: NQF Level 4 (Matric)
- Bonus: NQF Level 5
How to apply