We are hiring a Product Designer with an ambition to build a category-defining product and a deep understanding of social applications to join our growing team at OneRoof, the hyper-local social network.
Over 100K residents living across NYC, Miami, and Dallas use OneRoof to meet, share info, buy sell items, help with pets, exchange resources, and build a sense of community at home. We are on a mission to unify and empower neighbors to create an essential social tissue, for healthier and more resilient urban living.
Our co-founders Selin Sonmez and Niko Georgantas exited their previous startup and are on Forbes 30 Under 30 list for Consumer Tech. We’re funded by investors like General Catalyst and Kleiner Perkins, and angel investors like Lars Rasmussen, co-founder of Google Maps who support our mission from the earliest days.
- Design network driven flows that navigate neighbors through different stages of community development -from onboarding, to sparking conversations, to deepening relationships and onwards- using deep user insights and experience with social engineering mechanics
- Design product concepts that balance vision, craft, and speed
- Design delightful experiences that demonstrate a product that understands neighbors and their unique interactions, needs, desires, motivations
- Design growth loops within the application to help neighbors grow their communities
- Lead and execute the full design process as the only product designer, from ideation to pixel-perfect designs that are ready to go in Github tickets for development
- Collaborate with our CPO on the product roadmap, to best translate our insights into intuitive and practical designs
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure that design solutions are technically feasible and meet business requirements
- Conduct user research and usability testing to validate design concepts and inform design decisions
- Drive design/UI consistency, build design systems and style guides to deliver a cohesive brand experience
- Think outside the box, be willing to explore and ideate on moonshot designs. We are building a product that builds a social tissue in society from scratch, sky is the limit!
- Degree in Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or relevant experience
- 3-5 years of experience in product design, with a focus on consumer social applications or social networks
- Strong portfolio showcasing a variety of design projects that are / were in App Store and Google Play
- A deep understanding of social metrics, network principles and mechanics
- A passionate commitment to designing a category defining product
- A strong design perspective and drive for speed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate designs with engineers
- Willingness to fearlessly question assumptions and challenge the status quo
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Life at OneRoof
Joining OneRoof is more than just a job.
We are bringing world’s largest social asset, community, in the world’s largest asset class, residential real estate.
Urban living has become more crowded yet more disconnected than ever, residents’ voices are being silenced by operators, and the only real interactions are those that escape beyond awkward eye contact in the elevator.
Connecting neighbors builds unity, empowerment, a support system, and a sense of belonging at home, where people predominantly spend their time.
We believe that over the next decade, residential buildings will be founded on social interactions, where the people are just as important as the space, where resources are shared, interests are aligned, and asset value fluctuates multidimensionally, including social bonds.
OneRoof is redefining how we live in a connected, unified, and empowered way in our built environment.
🚀 Are you ready to build the largest hyper-local network?
We’re looking for an individual with crazy motivation to build the largest hyper-local network in the world with us. If that sounds like you, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, portfolio, and why you’re the best fit for this role. We’ll be on the lookout!
At OneRoof, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.