Solar Reporting Analyst
Octopus Energy US
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Here at Octopus, we’re embarking on an exciting journey with the launch of our solar value proposition. We’re bringing a brand new product to the market and are growing our team across our location in Brighton and Birmingham. Our people are the heart of this revolution so exceptional leadership and can-do attitude will be key to our success.
We’re looking for a Reporting Analyst to join our Commercial function in London. Reporting into the Strategy & Operations Lead, you'll produce and deliver all business insights for the Solar acquisition channel covering growth and quality metrics.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on problems that genuinely move us closer to Net Zero with a company that is passionate about building great technology and products that change the way customers use energy.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for keeping a crystal clear view of our Solar business key performance indicators and help achieve our ambitious growth targets
- Work with BI tools, G-suite, and our CRM system, being the go-to person for insights, ad hoc analysis, and performance monitoring for initiatives that underpin our customer experience or growth plan
- Monitor and analyse performance metrics and provide insights to sales leaders to help optimise their sales team resources and increase sales effectiveness
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for internal use focusing on Solar sales and customer onboarding activities
- Work with Sales Leaders to oversee commission calculations
- Support our pricing strategy with ad hoc analysis to deliver the most transparent, accurate customer experience
- Work with Data Science, Tech, and Finance teams to maintain data quality, accuracy of pipeline, and activity forecast reporting
- Support ad hoc projects and incentives to improve our customer journey, employee engagement and operational efficiency
- Translate complex data analysis into informative updates via a variety of communication methods from detailed power points to Slack posts
- Maintain operational support mastering our internal systems (including our internal CRM Kraken and Hubspot)
- Proactively run ad hoc analysis to measure the effectiveness of our operations and performance
- Help create a one-team environment, building great relationships across our business and stakeholders involved in the pipeline (from Sales to Quality to Installers)
What you'll need
- To be highly data literate and numerate - can make sense of lots of data and shape it into a coherent story
- To be curious and self-driven - when faced with a new problem is capable of seeking out an answer without lots of help and support
- To have excellent communication skills showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend and execute concise plans of action
- To have an eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to managing multiple projects and shifting priorities
- To have strong communication skills, familiar with communicating cross-functionally across the business
- To have a start-up / entrepreneurial mindset, and being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast-moving business
- To have knowledge of using Google Drive (docs, sheets & slides)
- To have experience in BI tools such as Tableau
- Optional but desirable: additional data and programming capability (SQL, Python)
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
See more open positions at Octopus Energy US
Something looks off?