Octopus Energy US
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Octopus Energy has exciting opportunities to join our field team as an Energy Helper. We’re changing the landscape of traditional field sales and marketing and re-inventing customer interactions. We're focused on making energy greener and better, for everyone. We put our customers first and are looking for amazing people to help us do that!
Here at Octopus, we’re working hard to reinvent face to face activity by combining better customer data, our innovative tech platform (Kraken Technologies) with local targeted marketing in order to create more detailed and engaging conversations with customers. You’ll be at the frontline of our brand and as such, you’re responsible for showing the best of Octopus Energy!
This role will be based in our Fareham office and will be covering the Southampton, Portsmouth and the Hampshire region.
What you'll do
- Communicate with customers: we try to be available to people through as many different avenues as possible. Not only do we use digital advertising, billboards, TV ads and more, we also have hundreds of friendly energy helpers around the country who speak to customers at events and venues, to spread the word about Octopus - this will be you!
- Your role will be to ensure every conversation you have delivers excellent customer service
- You will value meaningful honest conversations, which allow customers to make informed choices and you will pride yourself on ensuring that every interaction is of the highest quality
- This is primarily a face to face role, however our Energy Helper’s need to be flexible, at times of high demand we support our customers where we are needed most, so there will be opportunities for more office based work helping our inbound telesales team or our solar sales team as examples
What you'll need
- Previous experience in customer focused roles
- An understanding of sales or customer service
- Demonstrate a proven track record of customer service or/and an understanding of what successful customer service is
- The ability to work collaboratively with your team in order to influence and inspire
- Clear communicator with a focus on listening and attention to detail
- Honest, focused, and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service
- Experience of working autonomously
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you and you want to know more, apply now to have a further conversation with someone in our team! If you don't have a CV to hand then that's also fine... please attach a short message as your CV just telling us a bit more about you and why you're interested in a career at Octopus Energy!
See more open positions at Octopus Energy US
Something looks off?