Octopus Energy US
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Kraken Technologies is a company within Octopus Energy Group who are licensing the Kraken platform and operating model to clients across the world to transform the energy market. Current clients are Good Energy, Origin and E.on - this role will be working with our clients in Japan!
What will you be doing?
Members of the Kraken Tech team need to be shining examples of the Octopus Way and believe in decision making based on simplicity, customer benefit and efficiency. We are excited about how Kraken can change the lives of customers and operations teams in other companies and convinced that Kraken is the best answer, not only for companies, but as a tool to tackle the climate crisis.
We are fundamentally changing the way that energy companies work. We put customer happiness and cost competitiveness first with great people, technology and ways of working.
We are looking for brilliant Client Delivery Leads across a number of areas (i.e. Billing/Debt/etc) to help us build an industry leading product experience for our clients. If you love making things better for customers, building great products, working with technology, bringing people together to find solutions, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are a flat and agile organisation and plan to remain this way. We are looking for hands-on Client Delivery Leads that can help build our capability across our business with Kraken and other 3rd parties as we continue to grow. Our Delivery Leads are here to solve complex problems with great products.
The Client Delivery Lead has direct responsibility for creating, managing and prioritising the operations product roadmap to ensure clarity and understanding with both the Kraken and client business. They need to always work in partnership with the technology and operational teams at Kraken as well as the client. The Delivery Lead has to really understand how Kraken works, identify problems and refine solutions in the best way to leverage existing and new capability. They will bring technology, people and processes together to innovate improvements for our clients.
They will deal with complexity across multiple customer journeys with a variety of customer types and end users. This person will play a critical role in bringing all the right people together to deliver the roadmap.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the operation and non operation and Kraken Technologies Teams to define the product vision and strategy
- Identify new ideas and technology to improve the product
- Define the MVP and test & learn approach for the product capability
- Support the business with issue resolution for the product
- Support the engineering teams to deliver product features
- Ensure we are constantly reviewing and adapting to customer and business needs
What you'll have
- Degree qualified equivalent, with strong client delivery and/or product ownership experience
- Strong agile delivery experience and product management skills
- Experience of product management and customer journeys
- Solid understanding of technology and associated trends
- Excellent communications, collaboration and presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills and ability to challenge traditional ways of thinking
- Experience of working with significant complex delivery pipelines for clients
- Patience - our clients are undergoing huge transformations that take time and require our understanding
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Japanese and English speaking
Why else you'll love it here
- Our company culture - We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
See more open positions at Octopus Energy US
Something looks off?