Business Operations Assistant
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
This role sits at the heart of the Octopus Energy Generation team and is responsible for supporting our Senior Leadership and Strategic Partnerships team, whilst providing general administrative support to our wider team as the business develops and grows.
We are looking for someone to challenge the status quo and seek to continually identify and implement operational improvements for the team, either through process enhancements or better information flow.
What you'll do
- Responsible for shared management of the general email inbox, completing tasks such as management of document sign off and approval, and handling incoming enquiries in a professional and helpful manner.
- Work closely with other members of the Business Operations team to ensure adequate administrative support is provided across the Strategic Partnerships team, Investment team, and Asset Management team.
- Support the Senior Leadership team and OEGEN Strategic Partnerships team with day-to-day management including: organisation of meetings and booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries, acting as the point of contact between the leadership team and internal or external colleagues.
- Support our Strategic Partnerships team with governance and reporting coordination. This will include governance activities with investee businesses (such as board and committee meetings), facilitating communication and information exchange, and assisting in the preparation and review of briefing documents, reports, and presentations for various stakeholders.
- Management of materials and documents utilising SharePoint to ensure proper version control and organisation. Coordinate the creation and updating of standardized document templates for reports, briefings, and other materials.
- General office activity support including: management of incoming post, meeting guests and arranging building passes, and liaising with office managers to ensure the team has everything they need for their working environment on a day-to-day basis
- Contribute ideas for ensuring that the business remains one that everyone wants to work for and no-one wants to leave.
What you'll need
- To be highly organised with a high work rate, able to thrive in a busy environment juggling multiple competing priorities
- Capable of organising and coordinating multiple requests and high volumes of documentation
- Experience with digital e-signing platforms such as DocuSign
- Have a high level of attention to detail and confidence to challenge potential errors
- Flexibility. This is essential, in terms of the need to switch activities to meet team members’ needs
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Must be curious and seek to learn and improve whilst instilling automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
- To be familiar with the investment management industry and/ or have worked in a similar professional environment
- A high level of proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- A proactive, approachable, and friendly manner
- A genuine interest in renewables, the environment, net zero, and sustainability would be ideal
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.