Junior Data Analyst
Octopus Energy US
IT, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Octopus Energy Group has gone from a tiny startup supplier to a global leader. Since just 2016 we've become a global energy tech company launched in the UK and we're now made of 10 businesses, in 13 countries around the world, with over 5 million customers, with 25 million contracted accounts for our entech platform, Kraken. Through that relentless growth we still put customers at the heart of everything we do.
That's how we've got five stars on TrustPilot based on over 100,000 customer reviews and why consumer champions “Which?” have named us a Recommended Provider for the last five years in a row. We've also reached 4.8 on our Italian Trustpilot.
We're fighting to make energy fairer, more affordable, greener and more accessible for all.
We're shaking up the energy market and decarbonising our planet, using technology to unlock the green energy revolution. Our global energy revolution is backed by Generation, the sustainable fund co-chaired by Al Gore.
Octopus Energy Italia is targeting to grow to up to 1 million customers by 2025 - gaining 5% of the market. To do this we need to grow with passionate people to help us do this, we have diverse roles ready to be filled across our Italian teams and need authentic, committed people for a wide range of roles.
We're in a start-up phase which means that you will be able to shape the future of energy in Italy from day one.
If you want to be a part of a collaborative, challenging and forward thinking culture: join us!
We have an amazing opportunity for a Junior Data Analyst to join our Data team in Italy. You will be responsible for supporting other company teams through meaningful insights, intuitive dashboards and comprehensive periodic reports. Your contribution will also be important in assessing strategies and consequences of business decisions with statistically sound techniques of hypothesis testing and simulation methods. You’ll work side by side with the senior colleagues of the Data Team, in a context of personal growth and mutual exchange of knowledge and expertise.
What you'll do
- Help creating dashboards for monitoring relevant metrics, measuring KPIs and address business needs
- Develop analyses to provide other teams (like Marketing, Ops) with quantitative and statistically-sound answers to their questions
- Design tests and metrics to assess the effect of Marketing campaigns, and help identifying new potential strategies
- Automate reports creation
What you'll need
- The ability to develop client relationships in a fast growth environment
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Maths/Economics or similar
- Previous similar experience, even a short one
- Good English knowledge
- Deep empathy
- Proper smarts. Problem solvers and ability to think with ingenuity
- Junior Python level
- Knowledge of statistical tests and techniques
- Inclination to explore and asking yourself meaningful questions
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture - An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
See more open positions at Octopus Energy US
Something looks off?