Heat Pump Installer - NORTH
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are looking for both experienced heating engineers and air source heat pump engineers across the following postcodes:
NE, CA, DH, SR, TS, DL, YO, LA, HG, BD, BB, PR, FY, BI, WN, KL, LS, HU, DN, LN, NG, LE, S, WF, HD, S, DE, B, WS, WV, DY, ST, SK, OL, WA, CH, CW
Do you want to help our customers decarbonise their homes with incredible low-carbon tech? Can you deliver outrageous service to our customers and take them on a journey to net zero? Then join Octopus Energy on our mission to change energy for the better and electrify home heating.
Octopus will provide all the in house training and support you need to upskill from fossil fuel heating systems to full Air Source Heat Pump Installations.
What you'll do
- You’ll work as part of a team to install low carbon technology in customers' homes - starting with Air Source Heat Pumps
- You’ll learn about new technologies and get awesome training in our state-of-the-art £10m training centre; giving you the confidence to install the kit, to find solutions to challenges and to share low carbon advice with our customers
- You’ll use your knowledge and experience of heat pump installations to deliver an outrageous experience
- You’ll review and collaborate on technical specifications and mechanical drawings
- You’ll commission Air Source Heat Pumps
- You’ll lead a team; be responsible for your crew and empower them to make on-the-fly decisions to do what’s right for you and your customers
What you'll have
- You’ll be an experienced plumbing and heating engineer with knowledge of heating system design and installation and the ability to fault find. You’ll also have domestic hot & cold water system knowledge
- You’ll have post-qualification experience within the industry and appropriate qualifications to be able to work with minimal supervision - team leadership experience is a bonus
- You’ll have experience in reviewing and challenging technical specifications & mechanical drawings
- It would be great if you had some experience with heat pump installations, however, we will train you up if not
- Ideally, you’ll be competent with hydraulic systems to design & quality standards - CIBSE & MCS
- Previous experience within an MCS accredited organisation is a plusIt would be great if you had electrical fault finding & multimeter experience, but it’s not essential
Desirable but not essential
- For this role, you need a minimum NVQ level 2 (or equivalent experience) within the Plumbing and Heating pathway and a full, clean Driving Licence
- WRAS Water Supply Regs
- UHW10/HWSS Unvented DHW Storage Systems
- Gas safe certification
- BPEC L3 or equivalent in heat pump installation
- Part L Energy Efficiency
It would be great if you had some of the below too
What we offer
- £34,000 - £38,000 plus overtime/on-call (OTE £38,000 - £42,000)
- £2,500 annual bonus
- Share Options in Octopus Energy
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- Use of company tools
- Uniform and all PPE
- Company Vehicle and fuel
- Support for personal development in Renewable Tech
- Octopus Energy benefits package (see below)
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- We've officially a world class company to work for [Best Companies] and we're in Glassdoor's [Top 50 best places to work in 2022]
- What do you get? Click here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.