Octopus Energy US
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are looking for people based in East Midlands as we need you to be able to get to our depot in the Sheffield area on a regular basis!
Here at Octopus Energy Eco we’re responsible for delivering the government mandated eco obligation scheme on behalf of Octopus Energy. We are passionate about helping customers on low income and certain types of benefits improve the insulation in their homes, to help reduce their bills and carbon emissions. We work with an internal and external supply chain insulating customer homes across the UK within the compliance rules of the eco scheme.
As our team has grown, we’re now hiring for our first ever insulation installers to help build our insulation teams! You will be joining our ECO team but that doesn’t mean you will be limited to just ECO work and certainly not limited to just carrying out one type of insulation. Octopus Energy Eco are a growing team focussed on delivering an industry leading service to all of our customers.
What you'll do
- Working for the Insulation Manager you will be part of a Team of two who have the role of installing insulation and plastering in our customers homes
- Learn new skills from fitting wall insulation, both inside and outside of the home
- Troubleshoot on an ongoing basis, as part of our aim to deliver exceptional Customer services. We never leave a customer without ensuring we do what we promised
- Work as part of a larger team with our Electricians and Heating Engineers to deliver a finished and upgraded energy efficient home
- If you are a cavity fitter, we will train you on solid wall insulation and if you currently insulate solid walls, you will be able to diversify your skills as well adding new ones too
- The work will mean driving to various customers homes (this could involve the odd night away however this would be rare as we try to match your visits in accordance with your location)
What you'll need
- Experience in plastering and/or installing either cavity wall insulation (PBS), Loft Insulation, or solid wall insulation (IWI) would be awesome!
- No previous experience? That’s not a problem as long as you are willing to learn, reliable and have an ability to deliver great face to face Customer service that's what we're looking for! Full training and support will be provided
- A great work ethic, flexibility and the desire to deliver the very best customer service consistently
- Be able to drive to various locations. Our Customers live all over the UK so there may be the odd night away but this wouldn’t be every week, just when one of our customers need your knowledge and expertise (that you'll get from your training!)
- A desire to gain a long term skill that will be needed for years to come. Listen, learn, observe and then turn this into being a great insulation Installer
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Why else you'll love it here
- A salary of £27,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience) with an annual bonus and share options in Octopus Energy Group
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
See more open positions at Octopus Energy US
Something looks off?