Domestic Electrician - ECO team
Octopus Energy US
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
This role is remote with daily travel to customer homes. Ideal candidates would be based between Reading and Newcastle.
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from low carbon heating through to Insulation. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers.
As the face of the company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the same outrageous experience Octopus customers love and expect.
Octopus Energy ECO deliver installation programs with a core focus on minimising disruption to the customer and initiatives for continuous improvement programs.
What you'll do
- Assist or insulation crews working at customers' properties, whilst maining top-notch electrical safety.
- Coordinate and oversee working on the safe removal of electrical outlets and then reinstatement, once the homes insulation is completed
- Provide outstanding customer service - customers are at the heart of everything we do at Octopus!
- You’ll be part of a team, working collaboratively with your peers to deliver awesome solutions that are right for you and your customers
What you'll need
- You’ll be a fully qualified electrician with post-qualification work experience
- You’ll be competent in varied electrical installations
- Ability to review and challenge technical issues found on site
- as well as an awareness of electrical guidance and regulations
- Domestic electrical installation experience is essential
- Electrical installation design/fault find knowledge
- Building make-up knowledge
- Previous experience within MCS accredited organisation is an advantage
- 18th or 17th Edition desirable but not essential
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
See more open positions at Octopus Energy US
Something looks off?