Senior Firmware Engineer
Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our first product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our team who is an enthusiastic developer, likes to solve meaningful problems, and can support overall software, backend, controls, & electronics strategy. The ideal candidate is very adaptable and technically minded while having an uncompromising focus and vision for our customer’s needs.
A reasonable estimate of the current salary range for this role is $150,000-$210,000/annually.
- Contribute and collaborate to design and develop all our embedded software systems.
- Implement energy efficient heating/cooling system control algorithms.
- Develop User Interfaces that provide a premium user experience across the device and the mobile application.
- Investigate and implement wireless communication protocols including MQTT, BacNet and Matter.
- Optimize BLDC motor controls and power controls to provide best in class efficiency.
- Work cross-functionally with the business and product teams to define the requirements for our product roadmap.
- Build systems and processes for continuous deployment, testing, and manufacturing test improvements.
- Expert in Embedded C.
- Firmware development experience in production environments.
- Computer Engineering/Computer Science degree or equivalent with 7+ years of experience.
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality electronics and software in consumer products on a tight schedule.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting schematics.
- Proficient in Python and other automation languages
- Experience with AWS IoT Core and related services.
- Experience shipping 1 or more IoT consumer products.
- Experience working with wireless communication SoCs, especially for WiFi and BLE.
- Experience with Altium or similar ECAD software
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.