Business Operations Specialist
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re looking for a talented Project Manager to join our Business Operations team, who will help to drive and elevate our business to the next level of success.
Octopus Electric Vehicles is growing fast, and you’ll play a key part in helping to streamline processes, and take the lead on implementing new approaches and effective ways of working. This is a great opportunity to use critical thinking in a fast-paced delivery environment.
What you'll do...
- You will be responsible for maximising the efficiency of business processes and initiatives across the end to end experience, allowing us to scale our operation and increase profitability
- We adopt a customer first mindset at Octopus. It is your job to advocate for the customers’ needs as we evolve our products and processes
- You will focus on continuous improvement, with an agile approach. We are focused on fixing problems quickly, obtaining feedback and iterating
- Create low code interventions, internal toolkits, standards and guidelines that assist customer facing teams in delivering exceptional experience to our customers whilst seamlessly integrating compliance
- You will partner with our Product team to assist them in implementing digital solutions with complementary processes and evolved ways of working
- Use data and reporting tools to identify business needs and measure success of initiatives
- Facilitate communication across cross-functional teams to drive delivery of project to deadlines
What you'll need...
- Experience working across Business Operations - helping multiple different teams deliver end to end projects, automate, improve processes whilst having a Customer Experience first mindset.
- Excellent project management skills with 3+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of SQL and Python is desirable
- Excellent communication and experience in leading and influencing stakeholders at various levels
- Experience presenting program status, recommendations, and priorities
- Ability to work on multiple projects and work streams simultaneously in an extremely fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience in using various tools and methodologies to formulate an understanding of our customers needs, process pain points and areas of improvements
- To be an extreme starter-finisher - you leave no loose ends in your path
- To be at ease working across multiple disciplines
- Comfortable with numbers and data
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
The electric revolution has arrived - and from 2035 you’ll no longer be able to buy a new petrol or diesel car in the UK.
We’re building a whole new way for drivers to join the electric charge and not only learn about and shop for their EV online, but experience a 'lease for life' through an industry changing customer experience. This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to go electric by getting their car, charger and energy all in one cracking deal.
Octopus Electric Vehicles launched in 2018 to make it seamless to switch to cleaner, greener driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change, decarbonise the planet and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
We're an Octopus Energy company—an innovative new energy supplier. We are part of the Octopus Energy Group, which seeks to improve the lives of millions of people by transforming the industries we operate in. The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.