Finance Transactional Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
We're looking for a highly motivated Finance Transactional Manager to join our fast paced and fast growing team to manage and support AP & AR teams.
Reporting into our Finance Transformation Manager, you will be part of a fun and exciting team and company that's supportive of your growth and progression!
What you'll do
- Manage, lead, motivate, support and develop teams across AR & AP with 20+ specialist
- Ensure invoices, expenses and payments are raised or processed accurately, paid on time and matched to banks and ledgers.
- Enforce processes and fraud controls with the use of multiple systems
- Ensure +90 day aging is minimal and supplier reconciliations are conducted on a monthly basis
- Create and send reports on AP & AR teams to support growth and change, as well as prompt payment code reporting
- Processes are efficient and documented for training and audit purposes
- Manage and meet compliance deadlines, month-end and year-end reporting
- Build and maintain rapport with stakeholders
- Work with our transformation team to support implementation of new and enhanced processes and systems
- Point of escalation and handle complex queries
- Assisting on audit and ad hoc projects where necessary
What you'll need
- Previous experience as a Group Finance Transactional Manager in a large company with over 45 companies in the portfolio and preferably over multiple industries including energy, licensing and manufacturing
- Confident in communicating and problem solving across all levels of the business
- Agile approach and adaptable to a changing working environment
- Demonstrable experience of process improvement with a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong technical skills with multiple large and small ERP systems, OCR, banks, expense and people systems
- Excellent attention to detail and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Be in the London office twice a week to support and enhance team morale
- Be able to work in a high volume, entrepreneurial environment - speed and accuracy are key!
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits