Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As a Materials Coordinator at Octopus Energy, you will play a vital role in ensuring the efficient flow of materials throughout our organization. You will be responsible for managing the procurement, storage, and distribution of materials essential for our operations.
This position requires a detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills.
This role will be based in our logistics and distribution centre in Slough.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with various departments and systems to identify material needs.
- Source and procure materials from approved suppliers, understanding delivery solution on a job by job basis.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, and engineers to ensure a timely delivery/collection of materials to fulfil the requirements of the installation.
- Coordinate the distribution of materials to different project sites.
- Monitor distribution processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain detailed records of all materials, including quantities and suppliers.
- Process all orders through the WMS system to ensure all transactions are recorded.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand material requirements for ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams to address material-related issues and optimize processes.
What you'll need
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.)
- Previous experience working in a similar role with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a team player.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.