Business Development Manager - Electroverse
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
About Octopus Electroverse
We’re making electric vehicle ownership as smart and as simple as possible, by building the giant, virtual charging platform of the future.
In just over two years, Octopus Electroverse has grown to become one of the largest eMobility players in Europe, with over 650,000 connected electric vehicle chargers and a customer ecosystem spanning web, iOS, Android, CarPlay, Android Auto & Automotive OS, and more.
But it’s just the start: we’re busy launching in new countries, working with more automotive and tech partners, building exciting new features at scale, and creating the integrated charging experiences of the future - all in the name of making public EV charging super simple for customers.
Electroverse is a multifunctional team made up of product, development, commercial, operations, marketing, partnerships and more - all focused together on making Octopus the go-to name in EV charging. And we’re looking for smart individuals with an interest in the space who can help us make it happen.
As we enter the next stage of rapid growth we’re looking for a Business Development Manager to help drive the growth of Electroverse across Europe, identifying and working with partners to increase our charging coverage and provide EV charging services. We envisage this role taking significant responsibility for generating, nurturing and closing deals across European markets, alongside managing and expanding presence with the existing partner base.
You will be empowered to help at every level of our organisation: working collaboratively with our senior leadership team, reporting into the Partnerships Lead, and across our business development, operational and technical teams to deliver customer oriented propositions that help grow our partner base and market share.
What you'll do...
- Proactively develop and deliver new leads through inbound and outbound channels
- Develop and deliver excellent in-person and remote pitches, which have clearly defined value propositions and show an in-depth understanding of our solution, the EV charging market, and how we solve customer needs
- Lead contract negotiations, through to close
- Manage and develop existing partner relationships
- Identify and develop valuable key stakeholder relationships with potential customers and in turn, influence decision-making process
- Work with management and executive teams to develop our customer proposition, ensuring value creation for the business and outstanding satisfaction for our end customers
- Work closely with Product teams, to match current offerings and opportunities with technical capabilities and roadmaps
- Work with all functions within Electroverse to ensure that you are pitching the ‘latest and greatest’ our platform has to offer
- Proactively lead business opportunities without close supervision
What you'll have...
- A great track record of sales/partnerships experience - ideally 4 years experience
- Proven success in closing deals & maintaining outstanding prospect relationships
- Experience leading pitches & presentations to a very high standard
- Outstanding people skills: you’ll be energised by speaking to people and building long-term relationships
- Experience being hands-on in legal and pricing negotiations
- Experience or understanding of working with software & technology-driven products
- Excellent communication skills, showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action
- A proven ability to build relationships at every level of organisations, especially the C-suite
- An eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to account management and delivery - including using business development CRM solutions
- A self-motivated approach: you enjoy working toward overall goals and objectives rather than lots of precise asks
- You’re excited to be a very key part of a relatively new and fast-growing part of Octopus!
- Fluency in French, German, Spanish, or Italian is a plus!
- Experience in the EV/charging industry is also a plus
Why else you'll love about us
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
We would prefer someone who can work in our London office but will consider remote candidates. However, you do need to be able to work in the UK.
We're very excited to be growing our team. We're looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.