Operador/a de mercado eléctrico
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
About the role
At Octopus, we’ve led the way in innovating new ways to price energy to give customers more control over their energy costs, stamp out the loyalty penalty seen in much of the industry and engage customers to use energy when it is greenest and cheapest. We’re looking for a smart, passionate analyst to join within our data science team to help us manage and develop our energy products.
Our team takes a technology and data driven approach to managing our complex pricing portfolio. We apply modern open data and analytics tools like Python, Pandas and Jupyter notebooks to build pricing tools and models. We’re passionate about automating work loads and processes so we can concentrate on the interesting problems. We’re looking for someone who is equally motivated by using technology to solve problems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on problems that genuinely move us closer to Net Zero with a company that is passionate about building great technology and products that change the way customers use energy.
What you’ll be doing
- Optimise daily operations in spot markets Omie & Mibgas
- Analyse ancillary markets results from TSO (REE), as well as technical restrictions
- Evaluate forecast performance from internal and external sources
- Forecast collaterals requirements for Red Eléctrica (GOAs and GOBs), OMIE and Mibgas
- Develop and maintain market data, analysis, recurrent reports and presentations
- In close collaboration with the energy markets team, define market strategy to operate in spot markets
- Stay up to date with market regulations, new mechanisms and business opportunities
- Analyse competitors’ behaviours
- Participate in ad-hoc pricing offers to end clients
- Modelling and programming capabilities, Python/R would be ideal.
- Good command of English and Spanish
What you'll have
- Master degree in relevant area (engineering, mathematics, etc).
- At least 2 years of work experience in energy market analysis.
- Analytical and programming skills (Python)and ability to build models
- Experience in a trading environment: ability to work with traders, to translate market analyses into propositions and strategies.
- Effective communication both written and verbal: ability to explain and convey messages about issues and models, ability to work in an international environment.
- Initiative, autonomy and ability to cope with tight deadlines.
- You'll be able to be in the Valencia office 2 or 3 days per week
What you'll love about us
- Our company culture - we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here.
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Bi-weekly on a Thursday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
¿Te preguntas cuál es el salario de este puesto? Pregúntanos abiertamente. En la llamada con el equipo de selección siempre hablamos de esta cuestión ya que realmente queremos que tu experiencia coincida con el salario correcto. La razón por la que no hacemos publicidad es porque tenemos bastante flexibilidad y nunca querríamos que el salario fuera una razón por la que alguien no se presentará a Octopus Energy - ¡lo que es más importante para nosotros es encontrar el octofit adecuado!