Senior Management Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Octopus Energy Generation (OEGEN) is a leader in sourcing, investing in, and managing a wide range of utility-scale renewable energy assets. As we continue to expand our investment base, we are dedicated to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve.
Since our entry into the renewables market in 2010, OEGEN has achieved remarkable milestones, becoming a leading investor in onshore wind across mainland Europe, the largest investor of solar power in Europe, and recently venturing into offshore wind projects. Currently, we manage a global portfolio of over £6 billion in renewable energy assets.
The OEGEN Funds Finance are responsible for the financial reporting and analysis for an expanding portfolio of renewable assets that are owned by a number of Retail, Institutional and Listed Funds. These assets have a growing international presence across the UK, Europe, Asia and Australia. The team interacts with several other teams across OEGEN and the wider business.
While much of the day to day operations and accounting are outsourced at both the asset (SPV) level and fund level, this role will be responsible for the quality of the financial information and reporting across a listed fund, along with assisting on new fund raises and new investment transactions.
What you'll do
- Oversee annual accounts for Listed entities, ensuring compliance with investment trust rules and AIC code.
- Manage AIFMD report and AIFM risk reporting to uphold regulatory standards.
- Manage cash flow, debt, FX payments and oversee audits and budgets for Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs).
- Analyse and report on dividend Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitor and assess Holdco Net Asset Values (NAVs).
- Prepare quarterly Net Asset Values
- Ensure accurate presentation of financial information in Investor Reports.
- Provide support on fund level audits and review statutory financial statements and corporation tax returns; liaising with external auditors and tax advisors as required.
- Ensure a robust control environment is present throughout the fund.
- Identify system improvements and take ownership of driving change across the team.
- Assist with the financial and tax due diligence work-streams for new transactions.
- Manage Depo relationships to ensure smooth closing of investment transactions.
- Organise completion payments in line with the funds flow.
- Work with other members of the team to ensure all finance-related elements are considered and addressed ahead of deal close.
- Assist with the onboarding of assets once acquired.
New transaction responsibilities:
What you'll need
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS and Investment Entity accounting (UK GAAP knowledge also an advantage)
- Good knowledge of fund accounting and fund structures
- Experience of working with renewable energy investment assets and an understanding of relevant subsidy schemes is preferable
- Good understanding of CIR and other basis tax rules would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Efront would be beneficial
- Highly organised, able to plan ahead to deliver accurate information to tight reporting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to work well with different teams and manage a range of different stakeholders
- Self-motivated and aspirational, comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
- People management experience preferable
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? On a call with one of our recruiters, this is always something we cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit! We will also ask your current salary - we want to let you know this upfront so you're comfortable talking about it on a call with us.
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership