Operational Performance Manager
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers. We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly reduce customers' carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use.
As an Operational Performance Manager, your role is to inspire, engage, and develop diverse and skilled first and second-line field leaders to deliver the highest standards of customer satisfaction, quality, efficiency, and safety, in order to achieve business targets. Through the engagement of the teams you align to, you will achieve a superior level of customer service (our main aim!) and in doing so you will assist in the delivery of operational KPIs.
This is a hands on role which requires you to drive change through relationships with departmental leads, being focused on the task in hand, strong-willed and focused on the right level of detail with each part of the process to ensure we deliver outstanding customer service.
What you'll do
- Be accountable for the delivery of performance improvements for your teams by facilitating and coaching managers to ensure a fair and consistent approach to delivery
- Identify areas to improve customer delivery and develop strategies to reach targets, whilst ensuring our customers have the best experience possible whilst having their low carbon tech installed
- The ability to lead operational projects when required
- Drive a customer service agenda through every decision making process (they come first!)
- Create a data-led feedback loop with operations and broader teams so that each development initiative results in step-change improvements in capability, capacity, and service
- Lead the smooth transition and handover of developed programmes across all delivery departments, ensuring all elements adhere to specified operational and technical requirements
What you'll need
- Experience in fast-paced operations development with the ability to lead, communicate, motivate, and engage people to deliver their individual and team objectives
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to engage and influence at all levels.
- Resilience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment within a start-up culture
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve outcomes
- An entrepreneurial drive with a growth and customer-first mindset
- Awesome spreadsheet skills - you'll have the ability to create analytics utilising the google platform.
- Understanding of the operational requirements which drive great customer outcomes and business results
- Comfortable analysing data to seek out root cause(s) and create plans to resolve
- Flexibility to travel 2-3 days a week
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
This is a hybrid role with 70% of your time regularly travelling to sites in Brighton and / or Slough
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.