Support and Systems Administrator
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
Sennen has recently combined forces with KrakenFlex! Our vision is to transform infrastructure through technology, for a more sustainable world. Our mission is to become the go-to technology provider for renewable energy operators who are serious about safety, automation and efficiency at scale.
Our products process IoT data in real time from operating wind turbines and present informative workflows, tables, graphics, reporting, data visualisations - along with auditable maintenance and HSE compliance management - used by fund managers, financiers, technicians, control room operators and engineers around the world.
You will be part of our client service team, reporting to our Head of Delivery and Client Service. You will work alongside our software engineers and client-facing colleagues and be part of a growing team, delivering elements of customer support and systems configuration.
We offer plenty of support with as much autonomy as you're ready for. It's a flat structure team and agile approach in a fast-moving company with a supportive culture.
What you'll do
- Offer first line product support to our customers via our Helpdesk and phone line (including eventually as part of out of hours rota): coordinate the rapid and appropriate response/resolution to issues and requests in a friendly and efficient way
- Efficiently prioritise support tickets for internal teams, aligning with customer support Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure timeline and effective resolution
- Complete client systems configuration tasks in response to support requests and throughout platform implementations
- Assist colleagues with client communications, via email, meetings and through our support platform, ensuring they receive prompt and clear information
- Contribute to the creation (and maintenance) of training and troubleshooting documentation
- Help us increase the robustness of our support and delivery processes and documentation
What you'll need
- Motivation to help the world change its ways to avoid disastrous climate change
- Demonstrable experience in a technical, client-facing role where discussing technical issues and requirements is key
- A good grounding from a web application, or software user support, or systems/data administration environment
- Comfort in dealing with system data and configuration, or demonstrable transferable skills which can be applied to this space
- Clear, concise and well-structured communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to understand the needs of clients, to elicit requirements clearly and to provide useful feedback to internal teams and the client
- A good technical understanding of software application principles, either via relevant study or time in industry
- Ability to get to the root of an issue and quickly translating into appropriate actions
- Versatility, adaptability and a positive attitude - we are a small company and we are aware the breadth of this role is wide, you will be given the support to make it your own and upskill in areas where you are less familiar
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Ideally you will be based in Bristol - but we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.