Client Delivery Lead
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
Kraken Technologies is a company within Octopus Energy Group who are licensing the Kraken platform and operating model to clients across the world. Current clients are both the Octopus Energy Retail businesses around the world as well as external clients such as Good Energy, Origin, EDF, E.ON & Queensland Energy - with many more expected to join over the next few years!
We have been licensing Kraken for over 3 years now, transforming businesses by not only moving their customer base to our Kraken platform but also changing their operating model & ways of working. Throughout this time our team has been at the forefront of industry leading migrations whilst setting a new standard for what business transformation can look like.
You will be the Kraken contact for all ongoing development and technical requests for Octopus Energy Germany - working on a day to day basis to set them up for success and manage feature requests that are received. You will be managing the in-life client relationship, triaging issues, managing roles and permissions, tracking and updating on progress, explaining blockers, delays and changes in direction to client’s operational teams.
You will be responsible for imparting the knowledge of how Kraken works and up-skilling the client’s ops team to become experts on Kraken. You will also support the client in adapting to ways of working that are aligned to Kraken’s development style. You will work closely with Kraken’s product managers to request development needs and act as a link to the client.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the relationship with client counterparts, being the first point of contact for any issues or tech requests.
- Triaging incoming requests and communicating client priorities to the right domains in the development team.
- Owning client wish list for small challenges and bug fixes, helping them prioritise and tracking and communicating on progress and blockers
- Summarising and articulating client needs, considerations, timelines, etc internally to enable the execution of client platform maturity.
- Supporting the client meeting their business needs via the delivery of tech.
- Understanding the Kraken infrastructure, aligning client direction with the overall goal for the Kraken platform
- Setting up training programs and workshops to upskill relevant team members from the client.
You will be part of a team of client support leads supporting Octopus Energy Spain, Octopus Energy Germany, Octopus Energy France and Octopus Energy Italy.
Over time, this role may evolve to cover other clients and regions that are associated with our other clients like France, Spain, Portugal, Germany or Greece.
We work incredibly dynamically, and this role is one that will take different shapes throughout the week. We are looking for well rounded individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity, are self-starters and willing to roll their sleeves up to get to the nitty gritty of a problem. You must be committed to the Kraken way of delivering tech based on simplicity, client benefit and efficiency while bringing senior stakeholders through a journey of change.
You must be willing to challenge beliefs, have the ability to see through multiple viewpoints and, if needed, reach beyond your remit to support the client.
We are building a Kraken for everyone, a universal platform where there is greater benefit in sharing development to enable the green energy transition. Pioneers in this space, we are excited about how Kraken can change the lives of our customers and convinced that Kraken is the best answer, not only for efficiency but as a tool to tackle the climate crisis. If you believe this too then Kraken Tech is the right place for you.
Key Skills that are needed:
- Strong technical aptitude: We are looking for a logical thinker who has strong problem solving skills within an agile working framework. Must quickly be able to grasp the technical capabilities and constraints of the Kraken platform. Is an advocate for the continuous deployment approach we take at Kraken and champions building tech iteratively.
- Curiosity and initiative: If you have an eye for detail, enjoy self learning and aren't afraid to "try and see" then this is the job for you. Supported by a fab team this is an independent role where success relies on you trusting your gut and taking initiative.
- Time Management: We need to get back to clients quickly. This is self managed - you should feel confident following up on actions, responding to the client and chasing the supporting team for answers in a timely manner.
- Confident Communication: Confident to communicate the Kraken way of thinking and to provide updates on feature developments. Can lead meetings and drive forward the development strategy within your domain. Can build supporting slides, gantt charts, flow diagrams to aid this. Able to push back as well as champion client needs.
- English and Spanish required
- Technical mindset, experience in engineering-led industries
- Experience in managing technical product or projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proficient in tools such as miro and and office suite
- Experience from Octopus Operations is a plus
- An internationally positioned team with flat hierarchies and open and transparent communication
- We rely on flexible working hours
- Share options: You will have the opportunity to participate in the international success of Octopus Energy Group Ltd. through share options.
- Language connects: Take your English skills to the next level.
- Whether online or offline - team cohesion and joint events are part of our everyday working life
- A stylish working environment in our office in the center of Valencia
- For a secure future: the opportunity to take out a company pension scheme through us