Transformation (BOT) Director / Director of Delivery
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
The demand for our software and operating model is growing rapidly and internationally. We need someone to lead multi-year projects to deliver the world-changing results our clients are expecting from us based on previous successes.
Why it matters: There are singular moments in every industry where a tectonic shift reshapes the entire sector and unlocks previously unheard of possibilities. Those moments need leaders and this is that moment for the energy sector.
● Octopus Energy Group is a global energy transition company touching nearly every point in the energy value chain and valued at $5 billion. It is one of energy-tech’s fastest-growing private companies.
● Kraken Tech launched to market four years ago, offering utility clients one simple end-to-end customer management solution to help utilities and their customers transition into a decarbonised future.
● Kraken Tech has grown rapidly, disrupting the incumbent tech landscape, with 25 million contracted accounts across 9 markets globally, including Japan. Kraken has secured licensing deals with large international energy clients to replace their core technology stack and re-image their operations with an unblemished track record of transformation success.
● We are tracking toward 100 million households by 2027
What you'll do
● Provide leadership to the Kraken, KrakenFlex and Client teams across multiple levels and teams that touch every aspect of the energy utility business as we Build the Kraken platform, Operate the new business model and Transfer the keys to our clients (BOT)
● Build solutions that bring our Clients into the new software and operating model that both accelerates delivery and reduces risk
● Develop deep relationships with C-suite executives at Client organizations
● Provide coaching and performance feedback to various members of the Kraken and
KrakenFlex software and implementation teams
● Constantly seek new ways to deliver initiatives across the contract to meet goals
What you'll need
● Experience leading large organizations and/or transformation projects
● Deep experience presenting and negotiating with C-suite clients and initiating strategic conversations
● To be a team player who can work effectively with your national and global team
● Excellent communication and facilitation skills
● Customer and quality focus; highly effective at building and improving customer relationships
● Japanese and English fluency
We’re at the forefront of innovation in the energy industry and we have succeeded because of our people. Those people are:
● Passionate about leading, motivating and developing others
● Passionate about helping customers (without them, we don’t exist)
● Passionate about technology (we are a tech business disrupting energy)
● Committed to sustainability (we are all about speeding up the shift to a more
● Open minded, flexible and adaptable (we are constantly growing, changing and
● Confident decision makers
● Resilient working well under pressure