Manufacturing Engineer - Heat Pump Factory
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our Octopus Energy Group team in Portadown.
As a key member of our innovative and rapidly growing team, you'll be responsible for designing and optimising the manufacturing for world-changing heat pumps and their production at scale. If you're passionate about renewable energy and eager to make a positive impact on the planet, this role is perfect for you!
What you'll do
- Plan, design, set up, test, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes and equipment
- Research, propose and implement opportunities for process improvement
- Ensure equipment and processes meet health, safety, quality and environmental requirements
- Support the maintenance team to trouble-shoot and repair manufacturing equipment
- Provide engineering input to the planning and organising of maintenance
What you'll need
- Proven experience (min 3 years, preferably 5+) in providing technical engineering support within a mechanised, volume manufacturing setting
- A good academic background with a relevant degree in engineering
- High level of technical expertise and skill, and good knowledge of a range of engineering functions and practices
- A practical, analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, plus proven project management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Awareness of health, safety and environmental considerations
- Computer literate and a proficient user of CAD and MS Office applications
- It would be great if you had knowledge of heat pump or other heating component manufacturing, however, this is not essential
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
Working at Octopus Energy Group is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to be part of a passionate team that is driving the transition to a cleaner, greener future. We offer a friendly and inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, and personal growth.
If you're excited about making a real difference and want to be involved in the production of cutting-edge heat pumps, we would love to hear from you! Join us at Octopus Energy Group in Portadown and help shape the future of sustainable energy.