Financial Accountant - Vehicle Leasing
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We're looking for a Management Accountant to join our growing Finance team here at Octopus Electric Vehicles, who will help drive the electric revolution.
Your role will include the coordination and preparation of the monthly management accounts for our electric vehicle leasing business, reporting on variances as required and providing commercial insight. You will be working closely with the Management Accounting team and wider Finance team to assist with day-to-day financial management and importantly in the identification and implementation of process improvements.
What you'll do...
- Monthly management reporting for Octopus Electric Vehicles and other various entities, this includes the preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, preparing accruals, liaising with finance representatives to finalise results
- Analyse monthly results and prepare commentary for senior management and be able to explain any unexpected results
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated reporting for Group and external party submissions to fixed deadlines
- Assisting department heads with day to day finance management of the business
- Managing the funders accounts, by reconciling transactions weekly and reporting to funders
- Ensuring that reporting is compliant with all relevant accounting standards and keeping up to date with new reporting standards that may impact the company
- Working with group company structures and intercompany transactions including foreign exchange transactions
- Assisting with the IFRS 16 leasing adjustments for monthly reporting
- Reviewing financial processes and ensuring improvements are made continuously to help the function run more efficiently
- Assist with the preparation of year-end financial statements and working closely with our auditors throughout the year end audit
- Managing creditor and debtor ledgers and dealing with any queries regarding payments or receipts
- Quarterly VAT returns for various entities
What you'll need...
- Experience and understanding of a vehicle leasing business
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Strong Excel skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate and present to senior management
- Knowledge of UK and international GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Demonstrate ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders confidently
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Experience with Netsuite accounting package would be beneficial
- Exposure to securitisation funding structures/special purpose vehicles would be beneficial
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
The electric revolution has arrived - and from 2035 you’ll no longer be able to buy a new petrol or diesel car in the UK.
We’re building a whole new way for drivers to join the electric charge and not only learn about and shop for their EV online, but experience a 'lease for life' through an industry changing customer experience. This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to go electric by getting their car, charger and energy all in one cracking deal.
Octopus Electric Vehicles launched in 2018 to make it seamless to switch to cleaner, greener driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change, decarbonise the planet and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
We're an Octopus Energy company—an innovative new energy supplier. We are part of the Octopus Energy Group, which seeks to improve the lives of millions of people by transforming the industries we operate in. The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.