Support Services Specialist - Finance
Accounting & Finance, Customer Service
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
We are looking for a Support Services Specialist to be a part of Octopus Energy ECO. You’ll be making a difference by carrying out vital billing activities within the finance function of the Support Services team.
Here at Octopus Energy ECO, we’re responsible for delivering the government mandated eco obligation on behalf of Octopus Energy. The scheme is targeted at installing insulation measures in low income and fuel poor homes across the UK.
We are a passionate team focused on providing outstanding service to our customers and supply chain. We work with internal and external stakeholders and undertake a variety of tasks within our day to day.
This is a hybrid role as you will spend part of your week working from home, and part of your week based in either our Leicester, Nottingham or Brighton office (depending on where you are based).
What you'll do
- Billing of completed installs carried out by our partners to deliver the eco obligation.
- Handling invoices due for payment.
- Creating billing adjustments to ensure we have paid installers correctly, based on changes on scoring from our internal submissions team and Ofgem.
- Liaising with our internal accounts team to ensure timely and accurate payments for our supply chain.
- Responding to installer queries and providing appropriate resolutions.
- Reconciling data across multiple sources to ensure we have paid our supply chain correctly.
- Checking prospective installers to see if they’d be a good fit for a partnership.
- Liaising with our Director and Head of Support Services to onboard new installers to our supply chain.
- Producing reports to keep stakeholders informed.
What you'll need
- A real eye for detail and an analytical approach to your work.
- A flexible approach and happy to work in a changing environment.
- Excellent level of customer services skills.
- Good excel/ google sheets skills.
- Good numerical accuracy.
- Demonstrate initiative and have the drive to see activities through to completion.
- Have a genuine drive for problem solving and creating solutions.
- Highly organised.
- A team player mentality.
- Ability to manage own time and resources to meet expectations.
- An understanding of the eco obligation is a nice to have but not essential.
Why else you'll love it here
- Salary: £26,500 (rising to £28,500 after probation)
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub. What do you get? Click here