Renewable Energy Asset Manager (Wind) - 12 month FTC
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Octopus Energy Generation (OEGEN) is a leader in sourcing, investing in, and managing a wide range of utility-scale renewable energy assets. As we continue to expand our investment base, we are dedicated to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve.
Since our entry into the renewables market in 2010, OEGEN has achieved remarkable milestones, becoming a leading investor in onshore wind across mainland Europe, the largest investor of solar power in Europe, and recently venturing into offshore wind projects. Currently, we manage a global portfolio of over £6 billion in renewable energy assets.
Our operational portfolio consists of more than three hundred energy-generating companies, delivering revenue of over £500 million per year. We take pride in our wind farms, solar power plants, and upcoming projects in energy storage and hydrogen. To support our ambitious growth plans and long-term ownership of energy assets, we are expanding our team.
We are actively looking for a skilled and motivated Renewable Energy Asset Manager to join Octopus Energy Generation's wind asset management team. This team is responsible for overseeing a diverse portfolio of 39 onshore wind farms across Europe, with a total capacity exceeding 1GW. In this role, you will be instrumental in the commercial and financial management of the portfolio, ensuring sustainable investor returns. You will bridge the gap between technical, commercial, finance, and fund management teams, fostering collaboration and driving success. This opportunity is open to professionals with a financial background who are passionate about the renewables industry and eager to broaden their career into a commercial role.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract. The role will be based in London, with flexibility and remote work options to accommodate your needs and maintain work-life balance.
We strongly encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds. We firmly believe that diverse experiences lead to increased innovation, collaboration, and success. Throughout our selection process, we prioritise understanding your values and aspirations, ensuring a cultural fit with our team.
Responsibilities: What you'll do (we don't expect applicants to have experience in all responsibilities)
- Manage and oversee the financial performance of our wind portfolio, ensuring accurate and reliable financial data from finance teams working across the portfolio
- Lead the wind interface between fund management and asset management teams in various financial processes, such as asset valuations, fund reporting, budgeting, and investment assumptions
- Support the delivery of our commercial strategy and contract management across the wind portfolio
- Drive issue resolution, including commercial decision-making and obtaining approvals from the relevant investment committee as needed
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring framework, promptly identifying and resolving any issues
- Collaborate closely with our diverse commercial and technical teams to monitor and optimise performance throughout the lifecycle of our renewable energy plants, gathering and managing detailed data for the portfolio companies
- Review and critically analyse the management accounts of project companies, reporting any issues to senior management and approving write-offs when necessary
Qualifications: What you'll need
- A financial background with familiarity in accounting principles, asset valuations, project appraisals and financial models
- Passion for the renewables industry, with a desire to contribute your unique perspective (prior experience in the industry is not essential, as training will be provided)
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Flexibility and a proactive attitude
- Willingness to learn, train, and adapt to new challenges
- Critical thinking skills to examine and question information from various sources
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit! We will also ask your current salary - we want to let you know this upfront so you're comfortable talking about it on a call with us.
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits