Head of Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re an ambitious, fast-paced start-up building a customer centric Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing business.
We’re expanding our Growth Leadership Team and we're looking for an outstanding leader to run our Customer Success and Partnerships teams. You will lead our teams of Account Managers who own the B2B relationship with our Salary Sacrifice customers.
After our business development team win a new client, your team are responsible for supporting the client onboarding, growing the relationship and ensuring we retain the client. In short, the role is to make sure the relationship is a roaring success for our customers, their employees and Octopus EV.
The Customer Success team work alongside our EV Experts, Marketing and Roadshow teams to activate the client and ensure that all of their employees know about our 5* EV salary sacrifice scheme. This can involve everything from ensuring smooth implementations to physical and online client launches, client marketing campaigns, to ensuring customer satisfaction as well as resolving customer escalations when needed.
A genuine passion for team leadership and customer experience is a must, along with strong commercial acumen and an ability to drive efficiencies.
Currently there are three teams of people in the team totalling around 30 people, we’re expecting this to continue to grow.
Your teams will manage the relationships with over 4,000 customers from small organisations to large household names. Our customers include brands such as Nando’s, Co-Op, Greene King, Zoopla, Huel, Innocent Drinks, McLaren Racing, Jacobs Douwe Egberts and many more.
What you'll do...
- Create and deliver the strategy that ensures we retain and grow our client portfolio of over 4,000 customers and partnerships
- Lead, inspire, nurture and motivate a commercially focused Account Management team - hiring, training, coaching etc.
- Drive efficiencies within the team and our customer relationships that maximise use of technology to ensure simplicity and scalability
- Work with Product and Tech to deliver a scalable digital journey for both customers and their employees
- Plan and deliver customer marketing activities; working with our EV Expert and Roadshow teams to ensure all employees working within our customer businesses are aware of our EV Salary Sacrifice schemes
- Ensure everything is working smoothly post-launch e.g. quoting, ordering, in-life, reporting, ongoing comms
- Increase NPS scores and response through strong client relationships
- Act as a point of escalation when needed for customers
- Work with the Senior Leadership team to create a smooth experience across the journey and build a culture that supports customers and our team
What you'll need...
- Experience of working in a high performing B2B2C Customer Success/Account Management organisation is key
- To be a passionate, energetic and positive leader who has a history of building successful teams
- To be a relationship builder (at all levels within a business), and a trusted partner for B2B clients
- To be super organised and efficient; a completer-finisher
- To have a ruthless focus on the customer
- To be a problem solver who remains calm under pressure
- To thrive working in start-ups / scale-ups
- To enjoy creating simple processes, working with product and tech to deliver digital services
- Knowledge of employee benefits would be great but not crucial - especially one that was reliant on communicating to employees
- No prior experience of working within EVs or leasing is required
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
The electric revolution has arrived - and from 2035 you’ll no longer be able to buy a new petrol or diesel car in the UK.
We’re building a whole new way for drivers to join the electric charge and not only learn about and shop for their EV online, but experience a 'lease for life' through an industry changing customer experience. This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to go electric by getting their car, charger and energy all in one cracking deal.
Octopus Electric Vehicles launched in 2018 to make it seamless to switch to cleaner, greener driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change, decarbonise the planet and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
We're an Octopus Energy company—an innovative new energy supplier. We are part of the Octopus Energy Group, which seeks to improve the lives of millions of people by transforming the industries we operate in. The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.