Client Delivery Lead (Billing)
Melbourne VIC, Australia · Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
About Octopus Energy and Kraken
Since 2015, Octopus has been on a mission to bring affordable, green energy to the world. With the help of our in-house developed technology platform, Kraken, we’ve become the 4th largest energy supplier in the UK, opened retailers in 7 other countries, and licensed our software to retail giants including E.ON in the UK and Origin Energy in Australia. Our current clients also include Energy Queensland (Ergon) and Tokyo Gas. We’ve reinvented energy products with smart, data-driven tariffs to balance customer demand with renewable generation - and we’re the biggest investor in renewable generation in the UK.
We've expanded our tentacles and we are now looking for a Client Delivery for our Billing Team, based in Melbourne, Australia and this role will be working with our APAC clients. Working with Kraken is a chance to join an exciting scale-up business within the energy supply sector, one that’s at the forefront of changing the landscape of the energy industry across the world. A role with us offers you the chance to contribute to building world-class operations that will catapult you into a fantastic career.
Members of the Kraken Tech team need to be shining examples of the Octopus Way and believe in decision making based on simplicity, customer benefit and efficiency. We are excited about how Kraken can change the lives of customers and operations teams in other companies and convinced that Kraken is the best answer, not only for companies, but as a tool to tackle the climate crisis. We are fundamentally changing the way that energy companies work. We put customer happiness and cost competitiveness first with great people, technology and ways of working.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for brilliant Client Delivery Lead who has experience working with technical stakeholders (developers, QA, solution architects) and Billing within the Australian energy sector. If you love making things better for customers, building great products, working with technology, bringing people together to find solutions, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are a flat and agile organisation and plan to remain this way. We are looking for hands-on Client Delivery Leads that can help build our capability across our business with Kraken and other 3rd parties as we continue to grow. Our Delivery Leads are here to solve complex problems with great products.
The Client Delivery Lead needs to always work in partnership with the technology and operational teams at Kraken as well as the client. The Delivery Lead has to really understand how Kraken works, identify problems and refine solutions in the best way to leverage existing and new capability. They will bring technology, people and processes together to innovate improvements for our clients.
They will deal with complexity across multiple customer journeys with a variety of customer types and end users. This person will play a critical role in bringing all the right people together to deliver the roadmap.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the operation and non operation and Kraken Technologies Teams to define the product vision and strategy
- Identify new ideas and technology to improve the product
- Define the MVP and test & learn approach for the product capability
- Support the business with issue resolution for the product
- Support the engineering teams to deliver product features
- Ensure we are constantly reviewing and adapting to customer and business needs
What you'll have:
- Degree qualified equivalent, with strong client delivery and/or product ownership experience
- Strong agile delivery experience and product management skills
- Experience of product management and customer journeys
- Experience working with technical stakeholders (developers, QA, solution architects)
- Experience working with Billing, ideally in the energy sector
- Solid understanding of technology and associated trends
- Excellent communications, collaboration and presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills and ability to challenge traditional ways of thinking
- Experience of working with significant complex delivery pipelines for clients
- Patience - our clients are undergoing huge transformations that take time and require our understanding
- Consulting experience is a plus
Why else you'll love it here
- Our company culture - We are organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people.
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. We also have drinks, snacks and a coffee machine at the WeWork office space.
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
This role can be either fully office based in Melbourne, or a hybrid of a few days a week working remotely and office based. We're very excited to be growing our small team. We're looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.