Client Success Transformation Director
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
Since 2015, Octopus Energy Group has been on a mission to bring affordable, green energy to the world. With the help of our in-house developed technology platform, Kraken, we’ve become the 4th largest energy supplier in the UK, opened retailers in 5 other countries, and licensed our software to retail giants including E.ON in the UK, Origin Energy in Australia and Plenitude across Europe . We’ve reinvented energy products with smart, data-driven tariffs to balance customer demand with renewable generation - and we’re the biggest investor in renewable generation in the UK.
Kraken Tech is growing rapidly, disrupting the incumbent tech landscape, with over 50 million end customer accounts contracted across 9 markets globally and manages the optimisation of over XXX GW. Kraken has secured licensing deals with large international energy clients to replace their core technology stack and re-image their operations with an unblemished track record of transformation success. We are tracking toward 100 million end customer accounts by 2027.
The demand for our Kraken software and operating model is also growing around the world. We need someone to lead major client programs to deliver the world-changing results our energy clients are expecting from us based on previous successes.
Why it matters: There are singular moments in every industry where a tectonic shift reshapes the entire sector and unlocks previously unheard of possibilities. Those moments need leaders and the energy sector is in that moment.
What you'll do
- Be accountable for the successful execution of client implementation programs, using our Build-Operate-Transfer methodology, which covers technology, operations and culture transformation
- Find solutions that enable our clients to transform how they operate their business and how they compete in the market, while acceleration migration and reducing risk
- Manage stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Develop deep relationships with C-suite executives at the client
- Set up means to continuously demonstrate Kraken’s business value to the client and build a governance model which can last once the implementation program is completed
- Provide leadership to the client implementation teams and set the direction and pace for program execution. Provide coaching and performance feedback to various members of the Kraken software and implementation teams mainly using positive reinforcement and psychological safety
What you'll need
- Strong experience leading large business and/or IT transformation projects, ideally in utilities or simliar industries (e.g. telecom, public sector)
- Proven experience presenting and negotiating with C-suite clients and initiating strategic conversations
- Problem solver with an ability to focus conversations on the things that truly matter
- Laser focus on what success looks like for the client and how to enable them to achieve that without always saying yes
- Team player who can work effectively with your national and global team
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills. Natural gravitas.
- Client and quality focus; highly effective at building and improving customer relationships as peers
- Experienced and comfortable operating in a French work culture while also having extensive international work experience, ideally with non-French companies
- French and English fluency, additional languages are a strong plus
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy Group has a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits