Commercial Asset Manager (Solar) - Maternity Cover
Posted on Saturday, December 9, 2023
Octopus Energy Generation (OEGEN) is a leader in sourcing, investing in, and managing a
wide range of utility-scale renewable energy assets. As we continue to expand our investment
base, we are dedicated to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve.
Since our entry into the renewables market in 2010, OEGEN has achieved remarkable
milestones, becoming a leading investor in onshore wind across mainland Europe, the largest
investor of solar power in Europe, and recently venturing into offshore wind projects. Currently,
we manage a global portfolio of over £6 billion in renewable energy assets.
Our operational portfolio consists of more than three hundred large scale energy-generating
companies. We take pride in our wind farms, solar power plants, and upcoming projects in
energy storage and hydrogen. To support our ambitious growth plans and long-term ownership
of energy assets, we are expanding our team.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated Commercial Asset Manager to join Octopus Energy Generation’s Solar asset management team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in managing our renewable energy assets, ensuring optimal performance, and contributing to the growth and success of our organisation. This role involves overseeing the operation, maintenance, and financial performance of renewable energy projects, as well as assisting in the development of new projects. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of renewable energy technologies and industry trends, as well as excellent analytical, communication, and project management skills.
This is a FTC maternity cover role
What you'll need
- Proven experience in renewable energy asset management or a related field, demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry, technologies, and project lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and analyse data, financial models, and technical reports to drive informed decision-making
- Excellent project management abilities, including the ability to prioritise tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements in the renewable energy sector
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and creatively to overcome challenges and optimise asset performance.
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of asset performance by managing the day-to-day operations, including monitoring performance, assessing risks to asset performance with a focus on issue management and return to service
- Develop and implement asset management strategies to optimise the financial performance of renewable energy projects, including analysing revenue streams, reducing costs, and maximising return on investment
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, contracts, and safety standards
- Prepare and present regular reports on the operational and financial performance of renewable energy assets, including key performance indicators, risks, and opportunities
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and policy changes related to renewable energy to inform asset management strategies and identify new opportunities
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with project partners, suppliers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration and successful project outcomes
- Negotiate non-material contracts and manage key material contracts
- Interpret due diligence findings and incorporate them into financial models
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of CDM (or relevant), planning, and commissioning procedures
Why you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? On a call with one of our recruiters, this is always something we cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit! We will also ask your current salary - we want to let you know this upfront so you're comfortable talking about it on a call with us.
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership