Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to support the development of an extensive pipeline of renewable energy projects throughout the UK. This role has the opportunity to work on the engineering and design development of a variety of solar PV and battery storage solutions. You will be working alongside an in-house team of technical design engineers.
About the Role
- System design for both domestic and commercial applications
- Producing engineering calculations to optimise system installation requirements
- Understanding renewable products to select appropriate equipment and materials
- Balance the requirements to deliver the best project as efficiently as possible to generate the optimum output
- Primarily office based in Birmingham office. We will consider remote working but the candidate will need to travel to our offices and sites on occasion
- Minimum of BSc or BEng in Civil/Structural Engineering, MSc or MEng preferred
- Approaching Incorporated/Chartered membership of ICE or IStructE is desirable
- Experience relevant to UK practice, of which at least partly spent within a design office
- Knowledge of UK design standards, codes of practice and methods of construction
- Familiarity with structural engineering modelling, analysis and design software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Team player
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.