Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
This role will be based from our new, multi-million pound industry leading Training facilities. Located in Slough or Hinkley, where we are building a team of awesome people to drive the global renewable energy revolution and help make our vision a reality.
Do you currently teach others the skills to install radiators, cylinders and heating systems, or maybe you are looking for a change of role and looking to pass on your years of experience? We are looking for passionate people who have worked within the industry/training & educational sectors to come and support us develop the low carbon experts of the future!
What you'll do
- Deliver training and support for all things plumbing relating to installation of heat pumps (Specific heat pump experience not essential)
- Deliver a combination of practical and classroom based training in our R&D centre for all our great engineers
- You will support and nurture candidates throughout the process as well as our new starters rather than following textbook guidelines and training criteria - we embrace innovation
- Identify training and development needs and support individuals to grow
- eep up to date with training methods, tools and techniques which can be applied to achieve more effective learning and use this knowledge to propose innovative modes of delivery for customers
What you'll need (the essentials)
- Experience of installing heating system components such as radiators, hot water cylinders & pipework configuration
- Ability to train and develop others within the heating industry
- Ability to create practical and theory content to meet the needs of learners from inductions to technical/operational updates
- Practical experience of working within the heating industry and providing great customer service
- A great customer service ethos to develop our engineers to do the right thing for our customers
- Experience within a teaching environment delivering qualifications or approved course contents (Desirable)
- WRAS Water Supply Regs
- UHW10 Unvented DHW Storage Systems
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent within Plumbing and heating pathway
- F-Gas desirable but not essential
- Part L Energy Efficiency desirable but not essential
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.