Senior Product Manager - Goods/Tesoro
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
About the Opportunity
At Kraken Technologies we’re looking to revolutionise the energy system to make power cheaper, greener and better for people around the world. Our tech platform ‘Kraken’ is already licensed to support 25 million customer accounts in 9 countries, and we aim to serve 100 million globally by 2027.
Our Technology Team has grown extremely quickly as a result, tripling in size within the last 18 months. With this rapid growth, we are looking for proactive Product Managers to join our team and work with our developers, ensuring what they do has the highest impact for our customers.
We need someone able to ensure our developers are working optimally towards our unified mission. You’ll need to be a self-starter: someone who sees a problem and can’t help but want to fix it! You’ll be well organised, working methodically and clearly to ensure projects go from inception to completion. We put the customer first wherever we are in the business and work empathetically with one another to deliver the best possible outcomes.
This role will be to join our Goods & Tesoro team, exciting opportunity to manage truly global products.
About the projects:
- The aim of the goods project is to enable the sale of low-carbon technologies such as EV chargers, heat pumps, or solar panels in Kraken.
- The role involves engaging with global stakeholders to understand their requirements and communicating our roadmap and delivery timeframes. You will be involved from workshopping requirements through to release by helping the developers understand the needs of stakeholders, writing them up in the form of user stories, and communicating releases to clients through presentations. As this is a global product, our focus is on delivering value to all clients, so you will need to be able to manage expectations where clients need to configure features themselves or build their own solution to a client-specific problem.
- As our sales of low-carbon goods, as opposed to energy supply, continue to ramp up, this is a really exciting opportunity to grow the product. You will need to be personable and have good relationship management skills, as you will be working with global clients.
- Tesoro, also known as Kraken Payments, is our in-house payment solution provider, primarily offering a SEPA B2B solution for billing business accounts through mandates and remittances.
- This role entails overseeing the initial stable release of the complete SEPA B2B solution and proactively shaping the product's strategic direction in alignment with the evolving global requirements related to in-house payment solutions.
- Your responsibilities will include orchestrating market research on available solutions and legislative research concerning financial frameworks such as SEPA and open banking. As the demand for innovative financial solutions evolves, this position offers a distinctive opportunity to influence the future of payment systems within our company.
What you'll need:
- To be able to recognise what needs to be done (and, just as importantly, what doesn’t need to be done right now) based on the overall goals of the team and our strategic direction.
- To be able to work in a dynamic environment. Fantastic ideas come from everywhere in Kraken Technologies, so you’ll need to be able to spot and harness them. Experience in a fast-paced start-up or scale-up would be a plus.
- To be curious and willing to roll up your sleeves. For example, this might mean learning some development skills; helping to build out and prioritise our tech hiring roadmap; using SQL to gain further understanding of a problem; or even editing some code.
- To have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact with people with varying levels of technical knowledge.
It would be great if:
- You have knowledge of open banking/payment-related regulations.
- You have previously worked on marketplace products
We're very excited to be growing our team. We're looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.