Energy Support Social Worker
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re looking for a passionate, empathetic and experienced Social Worker to join our team to help support both customers and colleagues. The role is primarily office based in order to ensure support to our customers and team members is available when needed.
Octopus is working with a range of customers who come to us from diverse backgrounds and with a unique range of needs. Our energy specialists, who speak every day with our customers, are managing a range of complex, often challenging, conversations and situations.
We are looking for a qualified social worker with significant experience of working in a fast paced environment. Who is comfortable with the unknown and with approaching each situation with curiosity and empathy. We want a social worker who is approachable and who is keen to support our energy specialists, who will in turn will be supporting our customers.
What you'll do
- Work with a range of customers who have various needs. There will be an expectation to conduct assessments and support plans and refer to local authorities where appropriate, ensuring we are recognising any safeguarding concerns.
- Conduct needs assessment and therefore consider their ability to pay and make recommendations on the best course of action of how to support this customer best.
- Signpost the customer to sources of help and proactively offer / recommend appropriate support packages that are available.
- Carry out customer follow-ups so that individual cases can be followed through to resolution Work with other agencies and where appropriate, make relevant referralsKeep updated with industry best practices and regulatory guidelines. Offer ongoing dynamic support to our energy specialists Contract will be office based.
What you'll need
- Social Work Degree and current registration with Social Work England.
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years post qualifying Social Work experience (or equivalent level of experience working within a similar sector). ASYE required.
- Practice Educator qualification is highly desired.
- Experience working within the adult social care sector. Ideally, with a good understanding or experience of working within a mental health team (we are particularly interested to hear from Approved Mental Health Practitioners).
- We’re looking for someone that can use their own initiative to tackle a range of sensitive customer scenarios to deliver great outcomes.
- An ability to build rapport and trust with your colleagues in order to ensure tailored support.
- Be comfortable using your Social Worker skills and applying them to a new industry.
- Preferred :a driver with access to a car / willing to occasionally travel to different locations
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.