Domestic Surveyor - Tunbridge Wells
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for surveyors that are able to work in the Tunbridge Wells area.
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly reduce customers' carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use. We are looking for experienced surveyors who share our vision to move away from fossil fuels, towards sustainable, smart technologies for our customers.
You will learn all about the tech at our £10m training and R&D centre to then inspire our customers with these magical systems. We are utilising Octopus Energy’s awesome tech power to make electric heating and self-generation the smart, accessible and clean choices for every home in the UK.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
What you'll do
- Visit our customers in their homes and complete a survey to assess suitability for a heat pump; solar PV; loft and cavity wall insulation; or complete an Energy Performance Certificate
- Capture multiple data points, including measuring, to complete a heat loss calculation and produce a quote
- Ensure all of the correct information is captured to inform the design and installation of a low carbon heating system
- Expertly explain the process you are undertaking to customers and be an advocate for the technology
- Be an exceptional communicator, ensuring customers feel good about each and every visit and are motivated to upgrade their homes
- Be resilient and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
What you'll need
- Experience communicating effectively with customers, ideally in a face to face environment
- Previous experience within MCS accredited organisation or assessing properties for energy efficiency or insulation measures is desirable (Domestic Energy Assessor/Retro Fit Assessor qualified is highly desirable but not essential)
- Experience with talking to customers about work in their homes, ideally with a background in measuring and sizing equipment.
- It would be desirable also to have experience in technologies such as heat pumps, solar PV, battery storage & electrical equipment
- Some mechanical or electrical experience is preferred but not essential - although an ability to learn quickly to support your role will be required
- Octopus is a tech-forward company so good IT and tech skills are required
- Full clean driving licence
What you'll get
- £27,500 basic salary + overtime options available
- £32,500 progressional uplift relating to KPI's
- £2,500 loyalty bonus every 12 months
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- £50 retainer for working an extra day a week
- Shares in Octopus Energy Group
- Company EV
- Use of company tools
- Uniform and all PPE
- Octopus Energy benefits package
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.