PR & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
Kraken Technologies licences the Kraken software and its associated operating model to clients. Current clients are both the Octopus Energy Retail businesses around the world as well as external energy clients such as Good Energy, Origin, EDF, E.ON, Eni Plenitude & Queensland Energy - with many more expected to join over the next few years!
We’re looking for a talented PR and Communications Manager to join our team to help tell the story of Kraken to the world.
You’ll play a key role as part of the communications team and will work cross-functionally with Kraken Technologies, Kraken’s clients, and the wider teams. This is a great opportunity to use creative thinking in a fast-paced delivery environment.
If you want to execute our ambitious PR plans and help to get Kraken Technologies known around the world this could be the right role for you. You’ll forge relationships with journalists in the UK and abroad to keep them in the loop with our news and expansion efforts. You’ll attend and support communications at busy international events. Like everything at Octopus, our approach to PR is an expression of our mission and brands - focusing on transparency and honesty.
You’ll be the first person covering Kraken and report into our Global Director of Marketing & Comms, as well as work closely with the group Octopus Energy PR team and Kraken’s CEO and sales heads.
What you'll do
- Build key PR relationships with international, digital, and B2B tech journalists
- Be the Kraken eyes and ears when it comes to PR and the developments of big opportunities
- Execute and design all the press releases, interview briefings, and media materials
- Look at broader PR and communications goals within the team and wider teams globally
- Stay close to trends in the SaaS, utilities, and energy markets
What you'll need
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a PR or communications role
- Knowledge of the B2B Technology space is desirable
- Experience working in PR within a fast-paced environment with many spinning plates and competing priorities
- Passion for what we’re doing. You should be excited by Kraken’s offering and our long-term mission and values
- To understand the value of PR and how it relates to Kraken
- A passion for green energy and technology!
Why else you'll love about us
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.