Installation Network Lead - Low Carbon Tech
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Over the coming years we will need to decarbonise millions of homes in the UK, installing tech such as heat pumps, car chargers, solar panels, batteries, smart meters, and insulation.
We are looking for someone to build and manage a national installer affiliate network to help us continue to grow the UK’s low carbon technology market. Independent installers and small businesses are critical to accelerating the rollout of these products and we want to work closely with them to enable this.
Nationwide travel will be required - ideally, the successful candidate would be able to travel on a regular basis to one of the following hubs; Slough, Hinckley or Brighton.
The perfect candidate is
- Excited about about residential decarbonisation and electrification (heat pumps, solar systems, and EV chargers)
- Well-versed in installations (extensive on-the-tools experience, ran their own business, or worked in management)
- Passionate about building relationships with installers and experienced in this
- Highly experienced in contract or partnership management
- Creative and a critical thinker, with the ability to dissect problems and propose effective solutions
- Hands-on and disciplined about designing, developing, and delivering initiatives
The Installation Network Lead will be responsible for building relationships with third-party installers, understanding their needs, and delivering initiatives through Octopus Energy to help grow their businesses.
It’s important that our installation partners are as obsessed with providing awesome customer experiences as we are, so a critical part of this remit will be identifying and monitoring quality and performance to ensure customers get the award-winning service they expect from Octopus.
What you'll need
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with the ability to bring many stakeholders together
- Deep knowledge and understanding of installation businesses (on-the-tools training and account management experience a plus)
- Proficient with digital communication tools (Google, Slack, etc.)
- Proven experience delivering complex projects with many stakeholders
- An expert in relationship management with keenness to travel to build relationships with installers where they work
- Full UK Driving Licence
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.