Team Manager - Smart Metering / Electrical
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers, to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers.
As the face of the company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the same outrageous experience Octopus customers love and expect.
At Octopus Energy Services we are executing phenomenal growth plans to bring smart meters & EV charging to customers homes. We are building a UK-wide team of engineers that will inspire our customers and give them the tools to fight climate change.
Engaging and motivating our engineering teams is key to success so we need an awesome, highly motivated people leader to drive the day to day running of the team. If you think you have what it takes, read on...
What you'll do
- You'll lead and inspire multiple awesome engineers to deliver truly epic customer experiences.
- You’ll support our Recruiters and our Talent Team in bringing the very best people into our business, designing and creating the team.
- You’ll ensure that our people have all the necessary skills, support, mentoring and equipment to consistently do an excellent job. You’ll design the requirements and work with suppliers and experts to get these in place.
- You’ll be instrumental in designing the processes and ways of working for our engineers to deliver an epic customer experience.
- You’ll inspire and motivate the team to be part of our zero carbon journey, encouraging creativity and challenge to make things better and more efficient
- You’ll coach your team to help awesome people be more awesome, and you’ll create a working environment that enables engineers to excel, grow and develop.
- You’ll support the Operations Manager’s in delivering business strategy, building the team, delivering projects and driving superb team performance and customer service.
- You’ll support the Technical assurance team in delivering quality installations and support relevant accreditation requirements and visits out in the field.
- You’ll ensure customers have awesome experiences and, if anything goes wrong, do whatever it takes to make things right, meeting the customer face to face where appropriate
What you'll need
- You must have experience leading and inspiring people in operational field and engineering roles to deliver epic customer service.
- You must have demonstrable experience of leading engineers in a field based environment, either out on site or in customers homes.
- You must have relevant industry experience, certainly in utilities and preferably in the energy/electrical/renewables/smart metering/low carbon space.
- Ideally you will have an understanding of the electrical / metering industry.
- You must be a confident and experienced leader who can hit the ground
- running and start to deliver quickly and in a lean environment, happy deliver tasks at every end of the spectrum - big and small.
- You’ll be organised, cool headed and have and resilience that allows you to be calm under pressure.
- You’ll be someone who builds your network quickly and collaborates with them to deliver at speed, with a focus on quality, safety and customer experience.
- You’ll have awesome people skills, a keen eye to detail and the ability to think creatively.
- You’ll be proactive, anticipating the needs of customers, your team and your colleagues and you will be productive in the way you work.
- You’ll be happy to travel, visiting engineers on site, supporting engineers through their training and onboarding in Slough, meeting with customers and interacting with partners and suppliers.
- You’ll have a drive to innovate and be excited to do things differently.
- You’ll be passionate about energy efficiency and the fight against climate change.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.