Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
The role sits within the Octopus Energy Generation’s Funds Finance team, reporting into a Senior Management Accountant in charge of the OEGEN business’ financial position, planning and analysis.
OEGEN’s Funds Finance are responsible for the financial reporting and analysis for an expanding portfolio of renewable assets that are owned by a number of Retail, Institutional and Listed Funds. These assets have a growing international presence across the UK, Europe, Asia, USA and Australia. The team interacts with several other teams across OEGEN and the wider business, so it is imperative that the Accounts Payable Specialist is able to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the accounts payable function for the OEGEN business whilst supporting the funds on occasion. They will need to work closely with the finance team members responsible for fund accounting and the wider OE Group.
This role requires an individual who is highly organised, capable of both dealing with multiple workstreams and running defined processes efficiently and autonomously.
The team you will be working for are busy and diverse. To excel in this role, it is essential that you are proactive, keen to learn, focused, self-motivated and able to work under deadlines.
- Process and review invoices and employee expenses
- Prepare and make payments in a timely manner
- Respond to, and action any stakeholder queries
- Review and resolve any ageing balances
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure P2P processes are adhered to
- Conduct supplier and bank reconciliations
- Opportunity to perform other ad hoc projects as assigned by your manager
- Help with ad hoc general finance administration within the funds finance team
- Be a valued business partner and build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify system improvements and help to drive change across the team.
Skills and qualifications
- A degree in accounting, finance or equivalent with a 2:1 or finance or accounting experience
- Ideally previous experience working in an accounts payable or similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised, able to plan ahead to deliver accurate information to tight reporting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to work well with different teams and manage a range of different stakeholders
- Self-motivated and aspirational, comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
Why you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.