Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
This is such an exciting opportunity! We are looking for a Centre Manager to join our team and look after our designated Octopus Energy Eco Centre of Excellence in Nottingham.
You’ll be joining a team that’s passionate about improving insulation in homes and reducing carbon emissions. Whilst our team are busy managing the government mandated ECO obligation, we need
someone to look after our building, the facilities, and the workspace we use.
You will manage the daily running of the centre, which will include ordering equipment, co-ordinating with contractors on site, supporting projects and undertaking wider administrative duties. All whilst maintaining a safe, upbeat and inclusive working vibe.
What you'll do
- Act as the primary key holder and point of contact for the site, dealing with suppliers, contractors, and internal teams. You'll be the go-to person for any queries or needs related to the facility.
- Uphold a top-notch safety and security standard within the facility with proactive facilities management in addition to routine checks.
- Handle ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment, making sure the site always has what it needs to operate smoothly.
- Organise and schedule logistical arrangements, working with internal and external members as necessary
- Support administrative needs covering a broad range of operational requirements
What you'll need
- Proven hands-on experience in facilities and centre management
- A friendly professional manner
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of buildings health & safety requirements and security practices
- Proficient in using office software, Google Suite and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other relevant tools
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, multitask and juggle various operational requirements.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking full ownership to get things done
- An aptitude for pro-active problem solving and a keen eye for detail
- A clean full driving licence and own transport
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.