Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re expanding our Quality Assurance team here at Octopus Energy ECO (Energy Company Obligation). We’re looking for a Reporting Analyst to join us in our Nottingham office who will work closely with our ECO Performance and Reporting Manager to ensure correct information is readily available to the Director and Direct reports of Octopus Energy ECO.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone working in or interested in ECO or the utility industry.
What you'll do
- Provide delivery information in line with commercial arrangements.
- Provide timely and accurate information to assist with the identification of risk patterns and assist with mitigating issues where needed.
- Ensure relevant staff within Octopus Energy ECO are always fully briefed on status against targets.
- Gain an understanding and become conversant on both the ECO and GBIS guidance and scheme workings.
- Ensure our Submissions Team accurately report measures to Ofgem to ensure compliance at an obligated licence level.
- Utilise reporting available to ensure the Director and all direct reports are aware of trends, volumes and needs to alter strategies.
- Continuously develop reporting for ECO/GBIS and Delivery steering groups as requirements change.
- Work with Ofgem to make sure measures are approved.
- Be sufficiently knowledgeable in our data to provide any required ad hoc reporting.
- Be a “point of contact” for all staff when it comes to reporting on Delivery of the ECO /GBIS Obligation as well as in house delivery targets.
What you'll need
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel
- To be able to manipulate large sets of data
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy of data
- A genuine passion for reporting and providing information in way that appeals to the reader
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to communicate information in a succinct and easy to understand way
- Previous experience in a reporting role, ideally within ECO
- An understanding of the ECO obligation
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.