Talent Sourcer - High Volume
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for a Talent Sourcer to join our recruitment team. You will focus on our high volume hiring across our Low Carbon teams of Installers, Engineers, Sales, Warehouse and Customer Ops.
You will work closely with our other recruiters and the hiring managers across Octopus Energy - we share ideas and look to continually evolve the way we do things to improve candidate experience and help hiring managers hire amazing people.
This role specifically will focus on hiring for our Low Carbon Technology teams as we spearhead this revolution. The roles will vary across different types and levels of Engineers and Installers across the UK. Our new Low Carbon Tech centre is based in Slough where the majority of training will be run out of. You can read more about the centre HERE
At Octopus Energy, we're super passionate about attracting amazing talent to join us on our exciting journey. Maintaining an excellent candidate experience throughout the entire recruitment journey is key for us.
What you'll do
- This role is focused on sourcing, screening and progressing candidates through the interview pipelines to recruiters and hiring managers
- Build great relationships with candidates
- Constantly provide an amazing candidate experience and look to always improve this across the team
- You'll need to source, attract and recruit the best candidates
- Work collaboratively across the wider recruitment team
- Run octopus recruitment open days across our main offices locations
What you'll need
- You’ll need to know how to screen and source the best talent
- Experience sourcing or recruiting across high volume roles in a fast moving business
- If you have experience managing high volume roles this would great!
- You love to work with all kinds of people - you’ve got no functional shoulder pads - it’s not ‘my team versus other teams’, it’s ‘we’re all working together to change the energy system globally, and I’ll lend anyone a hand’
- You'll need to interview candidates, so previous experience screening and assessing candidates across a variety of roles for both hard skills and cultural qualities is needed
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.