Cyber Security Portfolio Manager (12 month contract)
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy is working hard to change the future of energy across the world. From harnessing the abundant natural resources on land and sea to generate more green electrons, to supplying those electrons to homes and businesses, we’re committed to driving the green energy revolution faster than ever before.
We are seeking a Cyber Security Portfolio Manager to join the Octopus Energy Generation (“OEGen”) business.
Your role is to understand the cyber risks associated with managing a diversified portfolio of renewable energy assets and portfolio companies, ultimately to ensure that the right processes and policies are in place across a wide range of contractors, suppliers, partners and investee
companies to understand and mitigate cyber risks appropriately. This may include appointing a third party specialist cyber security firms. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work at Octopus Energy Generation where we have the ambition to onboard and manage £bns of assets over the next 5 years.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and formally roll-out OEGEN cyber policies and standards, including minimum standard review and development of cyber escalation process
- Evaluation of ongoing requirements of various cyber related regulations e.g. NIS 1 and NIS 2 Directives ensuring compliance as required
- Tender and negotiate with third-party suppliers to provide lead cyber security management role across OEGEN portfolio
- Create and manage (using the support of third party as necessary) clear cyber risk profile across asset base
- Perform critical examination of suppliers; security measures, asking questions and requesting documentation to ensure overall security
- Create and manage the programme of cyber standards roll-out across our contractor base
- Ensure adequate documentation for cyber audits
- Ensure we are prepared for cyber crises and manage cyber security-related incidents including any notification requirements
- Manage cyber insurance policy tender
- Provide Board reporting to various stakeholders
Qualifications - Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience:
- Knowledge of various cyber security standards (NIST), NIS 1 and 2 Directives, DORA
- Understanding of asset infrastructure cyber security alongside business cyber resilience
- Experience in taking a risk-based approach to cyber security
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Thrive in a fast-moving business, able to see solutions where others see problems, passionate about improving processes, models, and customer outcomes. Excited, not overwhelmed by a challenge.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, able to distill and seek out insightful analysis
- Active listener and communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to manage stakeholders with different views
- Able to plan ahead but also work under pressure, always delivering to deadlines
- Able to collaborate. A team player, flexible in approach, and able to support others as necessary
Why you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.