Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers, to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers. As the face of the company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the same outrageous experience Octopus customers love and expect.
At Octopus Energy Services we are executing phenomenal growth plans to bring low carbon heating to customers homes. We are building a UK-wide team of engineers that will inspire our customers and give them the tools to fight climate change.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers to low-carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers.
We're on the lookout for an Onboarding Specialist to support on-boarding all of our amazing new colleagues to join the renewable energy revolution!
What you'll do
- Prepare and lead our new colleagues non technical induction to Octopus
- Energy Services, providing all the insight and knowledge needed to get off to a great start
- You’ll ensure that our people have all the necessary set up, equipment and skills to consistently do an excellent job
- You’ll support our Recruiters and our Talent Team in bringing the very best people into our business
- Collaborate with the training teams to provide all the resources at our leading training centres for everyone to have the best experience possible
- You’ll inspire and motivate the team to be part of our zero carbon journey, encouraging creativity and challenge to make things better and more efficient
What you'll have
- You must have experience in an operational support role to inspire and educate teams within a training department
- You must have demonstrable experience of educating; leading onboarding sessions
- Experience of managing plans and resources to ensure all day to day activities are successful
- Ability to liaise with supply chains to raise orders for kit, equipment and accounts
- Be proactive and have attention to detail
- Experience of monitoring data ability to proactively manage ongoing renewals of qualification
- You must be a confident and someone who can hit the ground running and start to deliver quickly and in a lean environment, happy deliver tasks at every end of the spectrum - big and small
- You’ll be organised, cool headed and have and resilience that allows you to be calm under pressure
- You’ll have awesome people skills, a keen eye to detail and the ability to think creatively
- You’ll be proactive, anticipating the needs of our new colleagues and collaborate with all stakeholders to provide the best possible experience
- You’ll be passionate about energy efficiency and the fight against climate change
- You’ll be curious and excited to learn and grow
- Good understanding of excel, word and powerpoint required
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- We've officially a world class company to work for [Best Companies] and we're in Glassdoor's [Top 50 best places to work in 2022]
- What do you get? Click here
This role will require travel to our Slough site 2-3 days a week!
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.