Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual, as an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our fast paced and growing Finance team ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices and receipting of payments, whilst also dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Set up and maintain customer accounts and payment terms
- Raise invoices, including intercompany and recharges
- Daily receipting of payments received
- Respond to, and action any stakeholder queries
- Reviewing and resolve any ageing balances for debt collection
- Prepare any necessary accruals over month end
- Conduct customer and bank reconciliations
- Preparing cheque refunds and cancellations
- Opportunity to perform other ad hoc projects as assigned by your manager
- Help with ad hoc general finance admin within the team
What you'll need
- Ideally a degree in accounting, finance or equivalent with a 2:1 or finance or accounting experience but this is not essential
- Previous experience working as an Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Confident in communication and problem solving
- Highly organised and self-starter
- Basic Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work in a high volume, entrepreneurial environment - speed and accuracy are key!
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.