PAS2035 Retrofit Assessor
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced ECMK accredited PAS2035 Retrofit Assessor to join our team. As a Retrofit Assessor, you will be responsible for assessing properties to identify areas for energy-saving retrofits in accordance with PAS 2035.
You will work with local authorities, architects, homeowners, and contractors to provide recommendations for retrofitting measures that will improve energy efficiency, reduce energy consumption, and enhance occupant comfort. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of energy modelling, low carbon technologies, and relevant regulations.
We are looking for assessors in multiple locations in the UK, primarily in England and into Wales.
What you'll do
- Conduct on-site Retrofit Assessments to survey existing energy efficiency, including the fabric, heating, ventilation and lighting to identify opportunities for energy-saving retrofits.
- Analyze energy data and prepare reports to present findings and recommendations for energy efficiency improvements.
- Work with local authorities, architects, and contractors to develop retrofit plans and specifications that meet energy-saving goals and comply with relevant regulations.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to building owners, architects, engineers, and contractors on energy efficiency retrofits, including building envelope improvements, HVAC upgrades, lighting retrofits, and renewable energy systems.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of energy-efficient technologies, building codes, and regulations related to retrofitting.
- Attend meetings with clients and stakeholders to discuss energy efficiency retrofits and report on progress and results.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, including engineers, project managers, and contractors, to ensure successful implementation of retrofit projects.
What you'll need
- DEA Accreditation & PAS 2035 Retrofit Assessment accreditation.
- ECMK Accredited
- Full clean driving license
- Strong knowledge of domestic dwellings and regulations related to retrofitting.
- Good knowledge of ECO and ECO funding requirements
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.